Archived HRBP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know the usual method for becoming an HR Business Partner? Can anyone tell me a little bit about what their job description is? Typical duties? How to become one?

I've always wondered this myself. What I know(Could be wrong) is that any BP role is equivalent or on the same level as an STL. So I'm assuming that the requirements of becoming a BP are similar to those of an STL. My experience with an HRBP is they are involved with the hiring/firing of staff, get involved with any major HR issues that go beyond the store level. They are there when we have mini mass hires. They check in on the progress of the HR team as well as the ETL-HR to ensure practices are being executed the way they should. I'm sure there is a lot more.

I always thought they were above the STL for some reason. When I was promoted to TL, after my interview with my STL, I had to interview with my HRBP over the phone and she made the call, that's what made me think she was in a higher position than the STL.

Okay. That's wierd. So the BPs are technically above an ETL but under the STL?

They're in their own pyramid almost. It's hard to compare, but I would put them below an STL and above an ETL. Pay comparisons put them at the also

We had an STL who went from an ETL at one store, to a BP position and then came to our store as an STL. They made it sound as if it were a promotion to go from BP to STL. But I would think not having to be in a store dealing with guests would be a promotion in and of itself.

Anyone know the usual method for becoming an HR Business Partner? Can anyone tell me a little bit about what their job description is? Typical duties? How to become one?
After you pass a few assessments as an ETL your options will open up. As with most jobs, relationships are key when trying to promote.

How much is t he average salary of an STL? Is it even worth it?

Business partners are essentially the equivalent of a Sr. Merchant they are above the ETLs but below STLs. They are there to provide guidance to the ETLs in the work center they oversee and help support STLs as informational resource.

An STL here got promoted to HRBP so was that not a promotion then

During my interviews, I was explained the "sidekick role" like such:
Group VP has a HRML
DTL has a HRBP
STL has an ETL-HR

as a way of making sense of it, especially during the interviews because there was enough other stuff to deal with.

That came from my ETL-HR, but that doesn't mean it's correct.

So it's kind of weird, but BPs are sort of still at the ETL level. They are a higher paygrade than starting ETLs and more visible throughout the district than a lot of ETLs, but it's really not "above" an STL. They're partners for the district so that you have experts in some key areas as a resource for store teams. But like @AllThingsTarget101 said, they're kind of their own thing.

Senior Business Partners are a higher paygrade than STL.

At the group level you have similar positions. So each group has a Market Sales Leader and a Human Resources Market Leader. It would be a promotion to go from MSL or HRML to DTL, even though they are at a higher tier in the organization. It's just kind of confusing.

One thing is for sure though: pay for salaried leadership at Target is very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back