Archived I did a nice thing today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustJoe

"Can you go to 3, please?" *Turns off walkie*
I had to go back in to my store today to check something on eHR that couldn't wait until my next shift. After I was done, I picked up a few things and was waiting in line to check out when I struck up a convo with the guest in front of me about her Sodastream. I mentioned how much it saved me on sparkling water, etc... Got her excited about her purchase. I was checking Cartwheel for my items and noticed that Sodastreams are 20% off in Cartwheel this week. I asked if she was using it and she didn't know about it. In order to keep the line moving I had the cashier scan my phone (I was off the clock, so I'm just a guest helping another guest) and she was surprised with how much she was able to save with it. I mentioned that I've saved over $250 with it. So she saved 5% with her RedCard and 20% with Cartwheel. Gave her the quick 5 second explanation of how to download it and she was off.

Sometimes it just feels nice to save someone a few bucks.

great job , but i assume what you did according to target polices is considered working off the clock .

great job , but i assume what you did according to target polices is considered working off the clock .
As a guest, Joe remarked on how much they liked their sodastream before finding it on cartwheel & sharing it.
How is it any different from a couponer giving extra coupons to someone in line behind her?
It was a personal endorsement; not company-directed.

As a guest, Joe remarked on how much they liked their sodastream before finding it on cartwheel & sharing it.
How is it any different from a couponer giving extra coupons to someone in line behind her?
oh yeah , you are right i didnt pay attention to the part when he went to back to check Ehr

I was totally in street clothes.
I hate to say it but I always contradict myself when it comes to working off the clock. The former union steward in me says don't do it under any circumstances but I'm always doing little things when I'm supposed to be not working.

I hate to say it but I always contradict myself when it comes to working off the clock. The former union steward in me says don't do it under any circumstances but I'm always doing little things when I'm supposed to be not working.

No that was being nice. Like a co-worker did for me when my cartwheel was being an PITA and not working on my phone, but his was.

No that was being nice. Like a co-worker did for me when my cartwheel was being an PITA and not working on my phone, but his was.

Sometimes I'll check workload before I clock in or stuff like that. Today was just me being nice.

I agree this was just being nice. I've done it - and I know other guests have done it in my line. For some reason, everyone gets giddy about sharing cartwheel with others. It must be the high because you are sharing a secret club or something! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back