I'm Lost! I don’t know what to do

So around the beginning of March I was termed for internal for store coupons and I signed a promissory note to pay back the amount of $50, but the ap-etl didn’t really give me a chance to pay on the spot. He told me that Target would reach out to me in order to collect the payment but I haven’t received any phone call or email or anything in the mail. I received my last check but now i’m wondering if i should contact them, but i’m not really sure where to call. I know this isn’t anything to be proud of and i feel really ashamed for it but i’ve learned my lesson and i truly loved working for target while i was there. Any suggestions would really be appreciated.

Distasteful though it may seem, my recommendation would be to call the store and arrange to drop off a check for the $50. A check is advisable because you will have proof of payment, you can save a copy of the cancelled check from your bank's online banking, that way they can't claim you didn't pay up. Also be sure to receive a signature from the SD or LOD on the promissory note acknowledging your payment in full.

Distasteful though it may seem, my recommendation would be to call the store and arrange to drop off a check for the $50. A check is advisable because you will have proof of payment, you can save a copy of the cancelled check from your bank's online banking, that way they can't claim you didn't pay up. Also be sure to receive a signature from the SD or LOD on the promissory note acknowledging your payment in full.
Thank you so much. I’ll call the store later today.

I was thinking of calling Corporate but I wasn’t too sure who to ask for or how to explain the situation.
The one thing that was made very clear was that Target would take legal action if i didn’t pay.

Wait to get the letter and bill from the fancy expensive lawyer. Restitution isn’t handled at store level. The amount you owe may be more than the actual loss you caused to cover fees etc.

Wait to get the letter and bill from the fancy expensive lawyer. Restitution isn’t handled at store level. The amount you owe may be more than the actual loss you caused to cover fees etc.
That's why I think it's better to make the payment now, rather than let this snowball into a much larger bill. The key though is make sure you have proof of payment (canceled check) and a payment receipt (proof the payment was tendered).

So around the beginning of March I was termed for internal for store coupons and I signed a promissory note to pay back the amount of $50, but the ap-etl didn’t really give me a chance to pay on the spot. ...
I would guess that you've learned a very, very painful lesson from the school of hard knocks here. It would be my earnest hope for you that it's not a hard-knocks lesson that you'll forget. All of us are human and all of us can and will make mistakes. However, some types of workplace mistakes are far more serious than others, particularly if you are new hire.

Sincere wishes to you on a better future: life lessons will keep coming your way but above all else, be very, very careful about workplace ethics and personal integrity.

Back