Archived I have a problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackoutbaby09

The Original Doll
So my sister is the unthinkable. She's a freakin' couponer!

gif-britney-cry.gif

But she had stopped for the longest time, so I thought I would never run into this problem. But recently, she's started back up. I think she expects me to break the rules for her. I don't even want her coming to my store, because it's insanely embarrassing for ME! Then she comes through my lane talking bad about my coworkers. Like, stop. You're going to cost me MY job.

And the worst part is she has a horrible temper. She has a serious anger problem, and you cannot say anything to her without her throwing a gigantic fit and screaming and throwing things. So I can't even talk to her about it out of fear for my LIFE!

I need advice quickly.

It's going to come down to what you should do and what you are willing to do.

What you should do is tell her you can't ring her up because there would be a conflict of interest and you could get in trouble (this isn't completely true but she won't know that).
You should tell her to be nice to the other cashiers because they will be mean to you if she isn't (also probably not true but she doesn't know that.)

If she can't handle those simple instructions you should tell her not to shop in your store because as you said, it's a threat to your job.

Now will you say those things?
I guess it depends on how important your sanity and your job is.

It's going to come down to what you should do and what you are willing to do.

What you should do is tell her you can't ring her up because there would be a conflict of interest and you could get in trouble (this isn't completely true but she won't know that).
You should tell her to be nice to the other cashiers because they will be mean to you if she isn't (also probably not true but she doesn't know that.)

If she can't handle those simple instructions you should tell her not to shop in your store because as you said, it's a threat to your job.

Now will you say those things?
I guess it depends on how important your sanity and your job is.

Thank you. At this point, I guess I have to say something, because it's causing me excess stress and anxiety.

If I remember correctly, if you're a cashier, you're not allowed to check out family members.

Interesting, I was never told that cashiers aren't aloud to ring up family members. I've rung up my parents a few times when I was still a cashier, and my Dad actually got a Red Card through my lane.

But I agree with what @Hardlinesmaster said, signal for the GSA/GSTL to help you on the transaction discretely, or arrange it beforehand, and they should hopefufully be able to shut it down. You could spin the conflict of interest issue and let your GSA/GSTL know about it when they come up, and ask to either be moved to a different lane or have him bring the guest to another open lane without a wait.

If she's in the store, and she comes through your lane, the GSTL can either come cover you or have another cashier take over for you so you can "take your break." Of course your sister may notice that if you do it enough.

Next time she comes thru, tell her you're not allowed to ring her up any more & that it could cost you your job.
When she starts trash-talking your fellow TMs, tell her they're doing their job & WALK AWAY.
If she starts throwing a fit, act like you don't know her & allow AP/leadership to do their job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back