I'm done with all the....

Status
Not open for further replies.
It all started off with me getting written up for a no call no show. But i have a problem with this. Other people can pull a no call no show for a week and still have a job. Other people can come in late everyday 5-10 mins and nothing is done about ti. So i went to the HR person i the store and told them about this issue. The issue was then addressed to the whole team on Monday. The same people still come in late and don't call out. So little to say this issue was all talk and no action.

On Saturday i stayed to helped push frozen. We had 3 pallets of frozen to get done. Me and another person finished 1 pallet in about 45 minutes. Then they want to lunch and i worked on the second pallet. I was working on this pallet and wanted to get it done before i went to lunch. This other person just came back off of lunch and was helping me get done the second pallet. They put items in the wrong place and when questioned about. It was shrugged off with the response of "I DON'T CARE". Once the second pallet was done. I went to lunch. The time was now 11:40. I was told that when i got back off of lunch i was told to help with the dairy and juices. This other person pushing frozen had 150 minutes to complete the third pallet. When i left at 2:00 pm. This person had about 30% of the pallet done. So on Monday we had to finish the 50-60% of the pallet from Saturday.

I told the HR person about this issue and the other issue about a person taking an hour lunch. I was told that more people need to complain about the issue. I told the HR person that this problem has been going on for a while now and its no fair to the other people who work in that department.

If nothing is going to be addressed in any case or done about the issues. The people who get away with all the no call no show, being late to work, shopping on the clock, 20-25mins 15mins breaks and the 45-60 minutes lunches. So it just feels like my back is getting walked all over by management and the people who can get away with anything and everything.

So i told the HR person that i was done.

I'm sorry to say but this has been going on for 6-12 months. I don't think HR is watching.

What I've come to learn is people just don't care...LOD...ETL...etc
So tired of working for a company with no leadership...they just don't give a shit.

HLM is right, they are probably in the process of taking care of these problems but there are problems.
It does take time, they need to get new people, usually they can't hire new people so that means cross training but they have to find the hours to do that, and they have do the paper work on everything which means means they aren't doing other things that have to be done.

I understand your frustration, especially when it seems like you're getting hammered and nobody else has been but you do understand the bosses can't tell you if they've talked to anyone else?
The other TMs won't tell you, I'm sure.

Is it worth you hanging on, I don't know that's up to you.
Just know that if the ETLs are doing their job it will be fixed.

You kind of deserve that write up for a no call no show. A lot of places will fire you for not showing up without notice. And you most likely will not know if someone else gets written up unless they tell you; those kind of things are supposed to be confidential.

Lates/Call Offs/Performance are in a different category than a NCNS. But the thing is, even if you go to HR about other people not getting written up about their own NCNS, they can't give you any info or let you know what the excuse was, if there was one. Because if the situation was reversed, you wouldn't want HR telling people about your personal life to another TM to justify you not getting written up.

Just worry about your own shit.

Yep, retailworld is right. Telling on other team members is pointless. Unless they are killing or hurting someone or stealing something, be silent.

While I know how much it sucks that it seems like certain TMs can get away with murder and still have a job, in the end, leadership is probably wondering why you are spending so much time worrying about everyone else and not yourself.

I think you should worry about you. You did talk to HR about your concerns and eventually it will catch up with those other TMs. I knew one guy at my Target who was always 30 mins late or more like 3 days a week and than after getting multiple warnings and CAs he got fired. so yea.

Well the people i complained about about are part of the elite few that can get away with whatever they want to. We have a real problem.

The problems in the this list had been going on your many, many months and even years. People just seem to turn a blind eye on this issue.

How many no call no show do you get before your fired.
How many times can you walk in late and nothing happens.
How many times can you sit in the breakroom for those extra minutes.
How many times can you hide in the coolers.
One person has had 5 no calls no shows before they got written up.
One person didn't show up for a week and still has a job.
The same few are late 5-20 minutes every shift.
The same people go shopping before lunch to buy food.
Damaging company property.

When a certain few get a free pass on everything and you can't even go to the bathroom without getting a verbal warning about it. And the other thing i don't get is way do those same people have over 30+ hours a week.

This was a part time job for me. And when i got written up for the no call no show and being put on a 6 month probation for it. My team lead to me they had to do what they had to do. So i returned the favor in telling the HR everything that goes on in the store. But after 3 weeks and the same people still are working in the store. That's when last week i told them i was done.

I was scheduled for 16 hrs this week and today will be my so called 3 time time for no call no show. I don't have any plans on calling the store and telling them i quit.

That'll show 'em. You don't have the full story about any of them. You don't know if they were no call no shows or if there was something legitimate going on.

I didn't show up for two weeks once. The leadership team knew I was in the hospital, and the rest of the team wondered if I had been fired/quit because it was absolutely no one else's business. You seem insistent that you either have the full story or should be told whenever there is a disciplinary measure being taken. As others have said, they aren't going to give you that information.

Any place you go is going to have favored people who can do no wrong. There is no point in saying anything, because you will come off looking bad and nothing will be solved. Sure, it may eventually right itself, it may not. Life isn't always fair...none of us were promised that. So in the end, all you can do is take care of yourself and let management deal with the rest. It was good advice in Kindergarten and good advice now.

But honestly, the real lack of maturity you showed by quitting by NCNSing says a lot about your attitude and life outlook, anyway. I hope that is something that you can work on before it comes back to bite you again.

That'll show 'em. You don't have the full story about any of them. You don't know if they were no call no shows or if there was something legitimate going on.

I didn't show up for two weeks once. The leadership team knew I was in the hospital, and the rest of the team wondered if I had been fired/quit because it was absolutely no one else's business. You seem insistent that you either have the full story or should be told whenever there is a disciplinary measure being taken. As others have said, they aren't going to give you that information.

Any place you go is going to have favored people who can do no wrong. There is no point in saying anything, because you will come off looking bad and nothing will be solved. Sure, it may eventually right itself, it may not. Life isn't always fair...none of us were promised that. So in the end, all you can do is take care of yourself and let management deal with the rest. It was good advice in Kindergarten and good advice now.

But honestly, the real lack of maturity you showed by quitting by NCNSing says a lot about your attitude and life outlook, anyway. I hope that is something that you can work on before it comes back to bite you again.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly.
Well put.

Well the people i complained about about are part of the elite few that can get away with whatever they want to. We have a real problem.

The problems in the this list had been going on your many, many months and even years. People just seem to turn a blind eye on this issue.

How many no call no show do you get before your fired.
How many times can you walk in late and nothing happens.
How many times can you sit in the breakroom for those extra minutes.
How many times can you hide in the coolers.
One person has had 5 no calls no shows before they got written up.
One person didn't show up for a week and still has a job.
The same few are late 5-20 minutes every shift.
The same people go shopping before lunch to buy food.
Damaging company property.

When a certain few get a free pass on everything and you can't even go to the bathroom without getting a verbal warning about it. And the other thing i don't get is way do those same people have over 30+ hours a week.

This was a part time job for me. And when i got written up for the no call no show and being put on a 6 month probation for it. My team lead to me they had to do what they had to do. So i returned the favor in telling the HR everything that goes on in the store. But after 3 weeks and the same people still are working in the store. That's when last week i told them i was done.

I was scheduled for 16 hrs this week and today will be my so called 3 time time for no call no show. I don't have any plans on calling the store and telling them i quit.
Quitting is probably the best thing you could've done for yourself. I disagree about NCNSing just to be spiteful though, it would be different if you got a new job with a schedule conflict that started ASAP but otherwise it doesn't look or feel good to stoop to that level IMO.

I know how it is though. I worked at a store that would only punish people if they seemed like they cared. I didn't feel like waiting for it to change so I quit. The same thing probably happened to an extent at my new job but comparitively speaking I didn't notice it.

One piece of advice I'll pass along is something I learned from my experience. It's easy to get caught up on just being a better employee then all the terrible employees you work with. By doing this you're really limiting your potential and may be over looking some opportunities for yourself to improve.

Just my $.02
Good luck to you!

Every store has the "elite" group. ..A group of team members who seem to be above the rules at Spot. Through the years I have gotten mad, frustrated and wanted to walk out the front doors and never return. However, I know that no matter where you work at and or how much money you make...there will always be people you seem to be the "elite" few. Does this make it right ? No. You spoke your peace with the HR...I do give you credit for that...most others would have just gone around complaining and not spoke up. There are people in my store that are part of the elite...I simply do my job and TRY not to let it bother me...and on the days it does I remember that at some point it will catch up with them. They don't call Karma a bitch for nothing

This was my 2nd job and really don't feel like having spot piss all over while spot licks the faces of other. So if you like being screwed by a dog. By all means stay and enjoy.

Like the HR person said if enough people complain about the issue the HR person would look into it.

My TMs didn't know who NCNSd but that was the easiest way to put a TM on CA, FW, and term.

Your ETL might have cared at one point but decided to stop fighting a losing battle. I stopped fighting attendance and performance issues because my HR made it difficult to write TMS up. If I wanted a shitty TM to get termed I either set them up for failure, made their work harder so they'd quit or work with the STL to get them termed.

Some HR-ETLs are little bitches that cant stomach firing people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back