Archived In desperation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK so lock this if it's been posted before, but at least link me to it because a search didn't help me find it. I'm really ready to move along and I'm just curious if I can apply on the regular career site, since my one app on ehr kinda has me locked ATM. If not is talking to my HR the only option? I'm definitely not up to approaching my ETL about it... Boy is she a bitch who seems to have some unprovoked personal grudge against me. Idc if I promote out or stay in the same position I just want into a different store.

If you are looking for other spots to transfer to. Talk to your etl or TL. Ask them if you are doing well to move up to a tl.. You have not stated that you are " stellar". Spot looks for that in tm's. Have you asked to learn other areas?

If you are looking for other spots to transfer to. Talk to your etl or TL. Ask them if you are doing well to move up to a tl.. You have not stated that you are " stellar". Spot looks for that in tm's. Have you asked to learn other areas?

Well I'm currently a GSA. When I first got hired, I explained to the STL and another ETL about my management experience and that I would like to be a TL. I feel as though I do a great job to have never worked at Target or a retail store as massive...maybe closest being half the size... But my issue is my ETL over the front makes me to feel like I'm absolute shit. Of course I don't really care as she apparently make everyone feel that way, but as you can imagine that kinda makes it hard to talk to her about it. How do you bring up wanting to advance to someone who comes in everyday and makes you feel like you're shit? As ive said, I'd like to advance and move on to another store that's closer to my home and I actually like the layout and the management staff better. I also don't really care to work flow or sales floor...ive dealt with logistics before and still get nightmares about it. Starbucks... Maybe, I'm on the fence about it. Bakery, deli, market, and hr I wouldn't mind but these are all dependant upon store where as GSTL is at every store.

Talk to your HR about a transfer.
Cite location as the main reason.
If she presses or refuses to consider your transfer, you might have to tell the HR what's been going on.
I would attempt to transfer as a TM only first then work toward a TL position.
Then, if you get into the new store, build your reputation from the ground up.
Remember that your current store's HR will have to release you for transfer. If they don't, you might have to give notice & hope they mark you as re-hireable.

Talk to your HR about a transfer.
Cite location as the main reason.
If she presses or refuses to consider your transfer, you might have to tell the HR what's been going on.
I would attempt to transfer as a TM only first then work toward a TL position.
Then, if you get into the new store, build your reputation from the ground up.
Remember that your current store's HR will have to release you for transfer. If they don't, you might have to give notice & hope they mark you as re-hireable.
Can your HR refuse to release you even if you have no performance issues? Mine is cool but you never know

They 'could' refuse but usually with a reason (ie: problem performer) but this is another case of ASANTS (All Stores Are Not The Same).
If you're good with your HR, I'd work with them as much as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back