Archived Issues with Loafing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think as long as you keep this mindset you will be fine RedisRad. In all honesty your ETL should have had you focus on this relationship building in your first 30 to 90 days depending on the amount of damage your team has been through. Once you win over the great team members, it becomes easier. I had a service desk team with a few bad apples. When the team members tried to complain the team wouldn't hear it, and they realize that either they want to quit or will get on board with their peers. What you are doing will help because the team members who are getting cross trained are talking to the problem performers, and when they go to complain the team will say "I actually like her, she got me trained at service desk which nobody bothered to do before"

Once this culture changes your team will buy in more... And driving for a result becomes much easier!

I think as long as you keep this mindset you will be fine RedisRad. In all honesty your ETL should have had you focus on this relationship building in your first 30 to 90 days depending on the amount of damage your team has been through. Once you win over the great team members, it becomes easier. I had a service desk team with a few bad apples. When the team members tried to complain the team wouldn't hear it, and they realize that either they want to quit or will get on board with their peers. What you are doing will help because the team members who are getting cross trained are talking to the problem performers, and when they go to complain the team will say "I actually like her, she got me trained at service desk which nobody bothered to do before"

Once this culture changes your team will buy in more... And driving for a result becomes much easier!

Or you could just have this entire group transferred to flow and hire new ones. :)

Honestly, make your concern conversion. At this point, all the company and leadership give damn about is RedCards. You can work your tail off, bend over backwards, do every little thing that needs to be done, but if you aren't getting cashiers who get you 40+ RedCards a day, you're a failure.

****ing hate what this company has turned into. Fine, you want RedCards? Fine. I'll hound my team, watch you treat them like ****, and watch as good team members walk out the door because of our failure to understand basic business. Then I'll watch as this company goes belly up so fast that Gregg Steinhaffel can't see straight.

In case anyone was wondering, based on recent business decisions, this company is so ****ed. Cutting benefits is problem number 1. Increasing receivables (credit) that we may never see is problem number 2. Focusing on cutting instead of making money is problem number 3.

I hate this company so much

I was looking through some of your old posts, Imerzan. Wow, to be so young, you sure are bitter. Let it go. Your bitterness isn't hurting Target; it's only hurting you.

No dude, you just haven't been around long enough to know the deal yet. Wait til Target burns you.... It might not be tomorrow, next week, or even next year.... but eventually everyone discovers the true nature of Target when it's your time to be screwed over. Sad thing is, you true believers never figure it out in time....

I don't doubt that you'd like me to be as miserable as you, but that won't happen. If I'm ever as unhappy in any situation, be it a job or life in general, I'll do what it takes to change the situation. I think it's kinda sad that he can't let got of the bitterness. As I said, his bitterness doesn't hurt Target; it hurts him.

Honestly, make your concern conversion. At this point, all the company and leadership give damn about is RedCards. You can work your tail off, bend over backwards, do every little thing that needs to be done, but if you aren't getting cashiers who get you 40+ RedCards a day, you're a failure.

****ing hate what this company has turned into. Fine, you want RedCards? Fine. I'll hound my team, watch you treat them like ****, and watch as good team members walk out the door because of our failure to understand basic business. Then I'll watch as this company goes belly up so fast that Gregg Steinhaffel can't see straight.

In case anyone was wondering, based on recent business decisions, this company is so ****ed. Cutting benefits is problem number 1. Increasing receivables (credit) that we may never see is problem number 2. Focusing on cutting instead of making money is problem number 3.

I hate this company so much

Yes conversion should be the ultimate goal! RedisRad needs to get the team to a place where they can own that metric, but tackling this now and holding the team accountable will only make her a target in chat sessions and cause disengagement. A true leader will want to do this the right way. These changes and improvements need to be supported by the team, and when her team earns a green YTD conversion, the team will feel they deserved that accomplishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back