Archived Item search

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can not believe that they are removing it from the PDAs. I use this so many times every day and not just to help guests. I will not be using my phone to help guests. I used to use rewraps to marked down the price on slightly damaged but still saleable. But once that was removed from the PDA I just defective it out.

I can not believe that they are removing it from the PDAs. I use this so many times every day and not just to help guests. I will not be using my phone to help guests. I used to use rewraps to marked down the price on slightly damaged but still saleable. But once that was removed from the PDA I just defective it out.

The pda is supposed to be replaced by the zebra. Id start using learning to use a zebra.

yeah the zebra in mywork can rewrap items. or GS can do it for you if it's just one or two things

Reactions: Dog
My fellow TMs just bring me all the rewraps at GS and I do it for them with a zebra or "sort stuff"

My fellow TMs just bring me all the rewraps at GS and I do it for them with a zebra or "sort stuff"
yeah people bring it to me and are like "can you print out like that red sticker with the lower price"

i'm happy to do it for a few items but if i'm busy i'm not able to do it, and they better not leave a giant item up here if I can't do it right then

The pda is supposed to be replaced by the zebra. Id start using learning to use a zebra.
None of the apps needed for receiving are on the Zebra.

It's also ridiculous for the backroom because we use item search all the time for things like checking to see if an item is dcode, when an item sets, pushing the batch we just pulled, etc.

This is the unfortunate situation many stores are in. Since we've had batch pulling on Move our BRTMs always have a zebra and pda so we can check all these things.

The thing I'm more concerned with is that one the ISP is gone in June, Store applications will no longer function. So I want to know how I'm to see what's DCODE in my backroom.

You mean store applications on the computer??

The thing I'm more concerned with is that one the ISP is gone in June, Store applications will no longer function. So I want to know how I'm to see what's DCODE in my backroom.
Uhh what? There's a hell of a lot more in store applications that we NEED and USE on a daily basis, plus things that we need but only occasionally use (like resetting the autofill times and printing out those assortment detail lists for inventory).

This is the first I've heard of it, have you heard any details about how/why that you can share?

Uhh what? There's a hell of a lot more in store applications that we NEED and USE on a daily basis, plus things that we need but only occasionally use (like resetting the autofill times and printing out those assortment detail lists for inventory).

This is the first I've heard of it, have you heard any details about how/why that you can share?
It's one of the headlines on workbench. Was supposed to go away Feb 5th but still there.

All i've head from the few HQ people I've talked to is that necessary replacements should be available before the ISP is removed.

So they're gonna rush these "replacements" out and they're going to only half work and be full of bugs.

I'm guessing this is why the entertainment return scan schedule this year ends in may. They're not gonna have a replacement app ready.

This is going to suck for me as a receiver because while I don't always need to use item search it is nice to have when I've trying to figure out what is going on with certain items. I don't want to hold up a zebra for the off chance I'll need it, but I don't want to go hunting for one when I need to look stuff up.

So they're gonna rush these "replacements" out and they're going to only half work and be full of bugs.

I'm guessing this is why the entertainment return scan schedule this year ends in may. They're not gonna have a replacement app ready.
I was wondering the same when I printed out the schedule for my office.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back