Just a question

I was recently fired due to attendance. I will admit I called out quite a bit. Due to me always being sick. I go to many doctors who all say the same things. “Everything came back negative but your white blood cells highly elevated so your body is fighting something” This has been going on for over a year. Since the doctors don’t know what it is I couldn’t get a note from them explaining what’s wrong with me. I informed my TL about what’s going and he said he would work with me but did the complete opposite. He always coached me if I went up the chain on him. We had these conversations for months in my last 3 weeks there did he only finally start doing what he said he would. My ETL had no recollection of anything going on be my tl never told him. I never went to HR to keep the peace with my day to day operations with Tl because he’s very petty when higher ups talk to him.
I feel it’s too late but should I have taken this To my hr etl and let her know what was going with me and let her adjust me schedule instead of just trusting him?

In a word, yes (for schedule help and the retaliation piece), but I don't blame you for not doing that. Especially if you don't have a good read on your HR ETL or what sort of capital your TL has.

As it turns out you had nothing to lose, but it's hard to know that in the moment, too.

Back