• Thread starter Guest
  • Start date
  • Replies 10
  • Views 2K
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

It does not.

I will explain. Backroom and flow were coming into the store at midnight because of back to school transition time so you know the drill. In my opinion, backroom and flow should come in at midnight at least on truck days.
Okay, so here is my rant. I know nothing will change but I'm gonna rant anyway because this is Targetland and they annoy me. So you have backroom and flow at midnight. Then why the fuck is FDC team still coming in at 6am? That makes no fucking sense at all. I mean I get it. Corporate assholes cry over the shitty dollar differential but it's just stupid. Why not take advantage of that? And don't give me this shit of "FDC team will interfere with the truck process". Bullshit. The pallets are already there and ready to be worked so that excuse is useless. FDC team should be there tonight at midnight getting that shit done.

I hate the whole backroom, flow team, and FDC team process. It's a joke if you ask me. And it's all because of greed.

And another thing FDC team members should not be allowed to back stock. Why? Because they suck ass at back stocking. Baffles and ghosts galore. Deli product back stocked in the dairy cooler.

How does DELI=DAIRY?

Do you even look at your PDA screen or mydevice screen when you back stock? It's not just FDC team. Morning backroom team is laughable too. Just lazy and incompetent.

This is just your store. At my super, we have separate teams like yours, but not the problems you're seeing. Food team members back stock the truck after it's been worked, and for any go-backs from pulls. We do not create baffles or ghosts.

Instead, it's the back room team causing problems. Meat on the floor, random LOCU of shelving, and frequent problems with obeying the food pyramid.

Besides, our lazy as shit ETL won't allow her back room team to back stock produce, meat, or deli.

I would love to have a back room team worth a damn, but I don't. So I deal.

Moral of the story: ASSANTS

Yea every store is different and every store has their problem areas. At my last 2 stores the flow team has really been the problem with our daytime backroom and other TMs picking up the slack

Well I don't put all of the blame on the FDC team. They're just minions doing what lazy bosses have told them. I definitely think it's a mixture of backroom and FDC team members. There just isn't that much accountability. We need people to be trained properly. There shouldn't be backroom team members that don't even know how use to SUBT or how type a DPCI in their PDAs.

When is the FDC delivery time? I know ours is sometimes different than the RDC and you can't get them to change it (so an O/N store might have the FDC show up at 4AM everyday, most of the time running late)... this might have something to do with it.

The FDC team works on non truck days. The truck usually comes sometime between noon and 2pm.

I'm still wondering why our FDC push team was moved to 6AM. Our regular flow process is overnight, and they have always received the FDC truck. Since we're getting into BTS/BTC and eventually Q4, we need to have that mess cleaned up before the store opens so more TMs are available to assist guests and that area is actually shoppable. And you wonder why our survey scores for market have gone down.

Deli product back stocked in the dairy cooler.

How does DELI=DAIRY?

Our DELI gets backstocked in the produce cooler. :confused: Anyone care to explain why that is?

ASANTS

I work primarily in the Dayside Logistics process in the time I have been with spot.

At my store, here's our process.

Overnight truck deliveries is about 5 or 6 days a week, depending on our inventory

FDC is usually scheduled to come in 3 to 4 hours before the store opens. They get their truck alongside Deli, Meat and Produce....4-6 days a week. Sometimes the truck delivery does not arrive until 1 to 1.5 hour before the store opens. The FDC team has to unload, move and push frieght. This is in addition to filling coolers from the previous night. When they are finished pushing, then they have to start backstocking everything in the coolers, including dayside and overnight backstock0. They have 6-8 hours to get it done.

Overnight backroom does not like to pull their Dairy and Frozen autofills which are estimated to be at most 1.45 hours together. As a result, any merchandise that they didn't pull from autofills drops into the dayside process, increasing their first set of scheduled cafs.

Dayside team's workload is inconsistent; sometimes light, most of the time busy, preventing proper backstocking.

If any of the teams are unable to pull their weight with the hours they are allotted, then it is going to trickle down to the other teams. If they can barely co-operate, barely anything will get finished ahead of time.
"Speed is life"

I'm still wondering why our FDC push team was moved to 6AM. Our regular flow process is overnight, and they have always received the FDC truck. Since we're getting into BTS/BTC and eventually Q4, we need to have that mess cleaned up before the store opens so more TMs are available to assist guests and that area is actually shoppable. And you wonder why our survey scores for market have gone down.

Our DELI gets backstocked in the produce cooler. :confused: Anyone care to explain why that is?

It's possible that whoever backstocked that item was't paying attn. to the fill group. At my store, I have noticed that similar looking items are backestocked from Deli to Snacks and Meat to Frozen.

Then again, some people are lazy to bring or send that product to its proper areas.

It's possible that whoever backstocked that item was't paying attn. to the fill group. At my store, I have noticed that similar looking items are backestocked from Deli to Snacks and Meat to Frozen.

Then again, some people are lazy to bring or send that product to its proper areas.

Our DELI fillgroup is actually located in the produce cooler. What I was asking is why that is. I would think the dairy cooler would make more sense, if not the meat cooler.

It does not.

I will explain. Backroom and flow were coming into the store at midnight because of back to school transition time so you know the drill. In my opinion, backroom and flow should come in at midnight at least on truck days.
Okay, so here is my rant. I know nothing will change but I'm gonna rant anyway because this is Targetland and they annoy me. So you have backroom and flow at midnight. Then why the fuck is FDC team still coming in at 6am? That makes no fucking sense at all. I mean I get it. Corporate assholes cry over the shitty dollar differential but it's just stupid. Why not take advantage of that? And don't give me this shit of "FDC team will interfere with the truck process". Bullshit. The pallets are already there and ready to be worked so that excuse is useless. FDC team should be there tonight at midnight getting that shit done.

I hate the whole backroom, flow team, and FDC team process. It's a joke if you ask me. And it's all because of greed.

And another thing FDC team members should not be allowed to back stock. Why? Because they suck ass at back stocking. Baffles and ghosts galore. Deli product back stocked in the dairy cooler.

How does DELI=DAIRY?

Do you even look at your PDA screen or mydevice screen when you back stock? It's not just FDC team. Morning backroom team is laughable too. Just lazy and incompetent.

Um the Deli fill group goes in the "Dairy" cooler in my backroom. It has been setup that way since Pfresh started and it comes in with the Juices, Yogurt and Meat...so...maybe its different at other stores...Shouldnt be any sort of food safety issue since it is all together when it comes in. Where do you guys keep your Deli?

My C+S push (Pfresh push) is different it seems than alot of people. Our trucks come in 3 times a week on non flo days and are pushed out from anywhere starting at 3pm till 8pm. Usually no more than 4 hour shifts though, Sometimes only 3 1/2 hour shifts for it.

They used to push it after flow was done at 10am but apparently that wasnt good enough and they thought changing it to the night was a better decision.......the time when we do half of our sales over there

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back