Archived Need help on sorting repacks when unloading trucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work on the O/N Flow team and when I was put in front of the line. I had to take the repacks and put it on a flat/pallet but i need help knowing which ones. There are some that goes to the back of the line which i know are shoes so it is put in the softline pallets(39,40,42), but some of them are in the front. I know clothing goes is taken off the line and onto a pallet/flat in the front but I can't tell which ones are shoes or clothing because all the boxes look the same. I see numbers that are circled on top of the stickers on the repack boxes like number 3 is circled and 15 is circled. Anyone knows which boxes i should let pass me and which boxes I should put in the front? I also know that the red repacks are taken off the line and doesn't go to the back of the line but the black repacks are confusing.

I work on the O/N Flow team and when I was put in front of the line. I had to take the repacks and put it on a flat/pallet but i need help knowing which ones. There are some that goes to the back of the line which i know are shoes so it is put in the softline pallets(39,40,42), but some of them are in the front. I know clothing goes is taken off the line and onto a pallet/flat in the front but I can't tell which ones are shoes or clothing because all the boxes look the same. I see numbers that are circled on top of the stickers on the repack boxes like number 3 is circled and 15 is circled. Anyone knows which boxes i should let pass me and which boxes I should put in the front? I also know that the red repacks are taken off the line and doesn't go to the back of the line but the black repacks are confusing.

Nobody will be able to answer that because everyone's line will have different custom blocks... you need to ask your leaders which numbers on top of the repacks you are looking for and ignore the rest unless the circle the "Asst" symbol, then you have to peak in and see what it is...

Yes every line is different. Don't they have the signs above the line with the custom block numbers listed as well as the repacks about each pallet. If they don't they should because it is part of the FLow Tl job to make sure it is up to date. It makes it much easier for new TM especially when hiring at seasonal.

I guess i didn't clarify myself enough, I mean the pinkish red stickers on top of the repacks, Not custom blocks because i know that there are signs above the line with the block numbers on it. For example, regular boxes such as Market, HBA, Chem, etc I know how to read the custom block number on the sticker and then drop it on to their assigned pallet. What I dont understand is how to read the sticker on the repacks(just to make sure, repacks are the boxes with red/black target symbol on it right?) because they don't have custom block numbers on it but there is a sticker on it that is pinkish red and it has little numbers on top of it ranging from 1-20 i think and each box has one number circled on the sticker. I would have asked my TL about it but I was rushed right into it when I came from the breakroom that I didn't get a chance too because I also had to flip boxes with the sticker side up which kept me busy. The only thing that the TL told me was to move the repack boxes onto a flat but only the clothing repacks while the repacks with the shoes goes onto its custom block. Also, I also heard the other TL say something about if the number 15 was circled, move it on to pallet and if it was 3 let it go, but I saw the other TL put the repack with the number 3 circled on the other flat instead.

When I used to work on the line, shoes and the rest of soft lines were usually 12-18. The repacks with the numbers circled 3 and 4 were for plastics and domestics. If there are too many numbers circled, I would quickly open the box and inspect the insides. If it gets too confusing, try asking someone on the line before you all start. Hope that helps a little... haha I know repacks can be a pain when you first start.

Yes you were clear. We also had those numbers written on the signs above the line for the repacks as well. I would ask another seasoned tm on the line which repacks are supposed to go where otherwise. All our softlines repacks went to the end of the line for the last pallet and every other repack went to the HBA pallet for them to break out besides the Domestics boxes. Our HBA ladies broke out HBA, Toys, HIPA and Office.

My store all 10 12 13 14 15 & 16 has a seperate pallet to go on for softlines < sometimes that pallet can be fun to pull lol 3 & 4 has their own flat for the domestics sorter to sort thru and distribute thru the isles and the goes to the sorter in a & b

I guess i didn't clarify myself enough, I mean the pinkish red stickers on top of the repacks, Not custom blocks because i know that there are signs above the line with the block numbers on it. For example, regular boxes such as Market, HBA, Chem, etc I know how to read the custom block number on the sticker and then drop it on to their assigned pallet. What I dont understand is how to read the sticker on the repacks(just to make sure, repacks are the boxes with red/black target symbol on it right?) because they don't have custom block numbers on it but there is a sticker on it that is pinkish red and it has little numbers on top of it ranging from 1-20 i think and each box has one number circled on the sticker. I would have asked my TL about it but I was rushed right into it when I came from the breakroom that I didn't get a chance too because I also had to flip boxes with the sticker side up which kept me busy. The only thing that the TL told me was to move the repack boxes onto a flat but only the clothing repacks while the repacks with the shoes goes onto its custom block. Also, I also heard the other TL say something about if the number 15 was circled, move it on to pallet and if it was 3 let it go, but I saw the other TL put the repack with the number 3 circled on the other flat instead.

If your line is signed properly, there is a SECOND set of numbers in addition to the custom block numbers cosponsoring to your PIC labels. This set of numbers corresponds to the circled numbers on the repack boxes. In our store it was labeled "Store Stock Zone" or something like that. (my memory could be faulty on the specifics, I quit several months back)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back