Archived Need some re-affirmation for Meet and Greets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, obviously by the account I'm new here and pretty hopeful that I have a job soon working at a Target near me. Although I need some advice. See my previous jobs were very laid back so I didn't need to do formalities often because it was through networking, but its a school job so during the summer I'm usually out of a job.

I applied at Target and they got back to me with a Meet and Greet which from what I understand is like an interview but maybe shorter and less formal?

Basically I want to hear from people what should I expect from Meet and Greets and what should I prepare with

- Do I have to be well dress? (I was planning on going in dress shirt, pants, and shoes.)
- What should I expect?
- How long would it take?
- What are some signals that I either do or do not have the job?

My meet and greet was about 15 minutes after my second interview. I met with the STL and he asked one thing I thought was working well for the store and what would be one thing I would change (I BS'd this since I really didn't shop at Target often), then just told me about his expectations and what not. Wasn't a super formal interview, but I assume if he hadn't liked me he wouldn't have just agreed with my ETL that did my 2nd interview. Took ~10 minutes, maybe a bit less. I immediately signed hiring papers afterward.

It would help to know what position you are interviewing for.

It would help to know what position you are interviewing for.

Honestly it was a quick call and I don't honestly know but The only two that I signed up for was Sales floor (pref 1) and Cart pusher (Pref 2)

My meet and greet was about 15 minutes after my second interview. I met with the STL and he asked one thing I thought was working well for the store and what would be one thing I would change (I BS'd this since I really didn't shop at Target often), then just told me about his expectations and what not. Wasn't a super formal interview, but I assume if he hadn't liked me he wouldn't have just agreed with my ETL that did my 2nd interview. Took ~10 minutes, maybe a bit less. I immediately signed hiring papers afterward.

Awesome thanks I assume because the meet and greet was right after the interview your were just dressed somewhat formally.

I just want to be sure my choice of clothing of dress shirt, pants, and shoes is a good norm to follow.
I have seen other that have been super informal and just go with jeans and a plaid shirt.

Oh okay. Didn't know if you were talking hourly or salary. I'd have to go with what @indigo25 said.

They are almost certainly hiring you to push carts.

Can't go wrong with business casual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back