Archived New keys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
rumor has it, as it has for a while, that they are looking to change the keys again. Anyone else heard of this?

Good to hear that the rumors are only at our dc then! Its been the rumor since I started a couple years ago because they have a hard time staffing A keys, A2 in particular. The rumor was that the B's would switch to wednesday-saturday and A's would be sunday-tueday. Hope is stays as is cause B1 is a pretty sweet shift!

I know this post is old, but I have seen a building that went to those exact keys. They shifted everything back one day.

New keys????? Hasnt happened at my D.C. But I've heard rumblings.....hope not though

Hearing these rumors also at our rdc. "Big change coming within the next month" we were told. Said some won't like it, some will quit because of it.

I've heard the rumors about new keys myself, so far it's not happening. Not sure, but it could have to do with your DC becoming a receipt or flow center. Mine is becoming a receipt center which means everything will be coming in reserve, which has me wondering what they will be doing with the mezz if we don't have flow. So in case anyone is wondering, freight comes to us from vendors, we send it to flow centers, and they send it to the stores. Also hearing stores are expanding backrooms which seems odd because I remember years ago stores downsized the backrooms to save space. To me this all seems like a waste, transporting freight multiple times(reminds me of double handling within the DC). They say this new process will be rolling out 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back