Archived New Sales Floor TL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi TBR,

New sales floor TL I wanted to see if anyone could help me out with what to expect from this position, how I can make sure I succeed in my role, routines i should follow regliously, how to ensure I'm on the execs good side all that good stuff and what I would have to do in order to move up. I own HBA and Stationarey if it helps anyone with advice they can give But please any information will be greatly appreciated. If theres a thread already made about this a link to that can will be fine!

Again thank you!

Yeah im sipping on kool aid

1. Welcome!
2. The PDA is your friend
3. Kiss ass for 90 days until your evaluation

I can't speak for sales floor specific things, but some of the things I tell new folks:

1. Ask questions. A lot of them. Most of your fellow TM's would rather answer a "stupid" question than see you make a mistake.
2. Get to know your backroom folks. We're happy to help out.
3. ASK QUESTIONS.
4. Avoid gossip. It serves no purpose.

I can't give you much tips on moving up, though. After 3 years and seeing my department's TL position open up 3-4 times, I'm still struggling to get an interview.

TL or TM?

Either way Welcome to The Break Room.

Of course I read it as "TM" I still struggle to grasp the idea of external hires. :/

i was an external hire for a different department as TL after 15 months they put me on the sales floor. Team leader @commiecorvus

Cool.

Well my main suggestions are pretty generic and I'm sorry if you already know them.
Not knowing if you've run a crew before I'll toss out the usual points about taking care of your people.
You are going to get an incredible amount of dreck poured down from above and if you can keep some of that from getting on your team, you're going to be the better for it.
You'll have a very weird mix of people, from part timers who are going to school to old timers who are working for extra income, to a mother of three who is juggling two jobs.
Remember to treat them as individuals and with respect.
Bring cookies.

Team up with the Signing Ninja concerning signing for your endcaps.
The closer you keep communication with them the better your area will look.
Learn to read a planogram, not just look at the pictures.

Get familiar with the other departments so you can understand how they effect yours.
Be ready to figure things up on the fly, they don't really give you much time to really plan or learn.

Depending on the store size, you may be running softlines, hardlines & front end all at once. You may have days or nights with no tm's on the floor.

Here's what you need to stay on top of:

1) TWT
2) the Sales Floor Accuracy report
3) Merchandise Update
4) Attendance coachings

If you really want to shine to your ETL-HL, throw in staying a week ahead of TWT, performance coachings, and the Price Chance Forecast to plan for clearance in your area. If you don't know what any of these things are, ask!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back