Archived New toy "reinvention"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next time you're at work, poke around on Workbench and check out the reinvention for toys. Similar to the Baby 360 remodeling.. I'm a fan. Shorter gondolas and "cut throughs" in the valleys. Lots of dividing by brand and displays to interact with.

If this, the E&E and home reinventions and Baby 360 go to all stores, I really like the direction we're headed.

How long till all this remodel will be finished ? They haven't even started the e&e and home furnishings yet at my store. But they sure cut hours !!!!

How long till all this remodel will be finished ? They haven't even started the e&e and home furnishings yet at my store. But they sure cut hours !!!!

Obviously ASANTS and I have a new STL since this time last year, but... I save my old "Weekly Dashboards" for payroll. Same week last year, I had 225 SLs hours and this year I have 317.

As far as remodels go, I think E&E's last wave is supposed to be March of next year. Home furnishings is very much still in pilot I think.

Even look at mannequins. I was in a first wave store for them and only one other store in my market has them... And it's a large market (7 stores). I just hope we aren't biting off more than we can chew. Of course.... There are also stores without Pfresh still.

What is baby360 remodeling?
In my store it changed the floor plan, added a central registry area with iPads and there's lighted fixtures and models. The section looks more like a Babies R Us. And it sounds like this toy remodel will make us look a little more like Toys R Us. No complaints here.

Attachments

• bb360 floorplan.jpg
    bb360 floorplan.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 66
One of the main things I noticed in the Toys Reinvention is that the kids toys (Fisher Price and the like) will have shorter gondolas. There's also a bunch more displays.

I just want them to either remove Baby Toys completely or remove them completely from Toys to 1 location. I'm sure guests would prefer the convenience of it all just being in 1 aisle instead of 2 separate 1s. Often both aisles will have a few of the same toys making one less stocked then the other.

Kind of like Burts Bees in Cosmetics.

Baby 360 is actually nice looking. A Target near us has it and also carries some top brands strollers, bouncers, etc.Brands that Buy Buy Baby carries.

Has anyone experienced remodeled JC Penny's ? Very showy, bright, and exciting. I see Target going that direction. Only downside: JCP didn't gain anything from it and they fired the CEO in charge of the redesign.

JCP biggest problem was the price perception. The former CEO did away with all sales in favor of everyday "low" pricing. The clientele was used to seeing sales on regular prices. The new prices, while usually equal to and oftentimes lower than the previous sale prices, confused shoppers. Their pricing strategy was simple, but also somewhat confusing. It was color coordinated, so you had to know the color of the sign to know if something was going to get a later markdown or not. The store within a store concept looked great and created distinct shops within the store, almost like smaller boutiques. But that's not what JCP shoppers were used to and they rebelled against it. I think Ron Johnson had great ideas, and I love his store within a store concept, but Apple shoppers and JCP shoppers are not the same people necessarily. He's the guy credited with making target hip and trendy when he was the merchandising VP at Spot.

JCP biggest problem was the price perception. The former CEO did away with all sales in favor of everyday "low" pricing. The clientele was used to seeing sales on regular prices. The new prices, while usually equal to and oftentimes lower than the previous sale prices, confused shoppers. Their pricing strategy was simple, but also somewhat confusing. It was color coordinated, so you had to know the color of the sign to know if something was going to get a later markdown or not. The store within a store concept looked great and created distinct shops within the store, almost like smaller boutiques. But that's not what JCP shoppers were used to and they rebelled against it. I think Ron Johnson had great ideas, and I love his store within a store concept, but Apple shoppers and JCP shoppers are not the same people necessarily. He's the guy credited with making target hip and trendy when he was the merchandising VP at Spot.

You know I feel bad about his failure there but at least he tried.
When I worked at the Big Box Book Store we had a secession of new CEOs none of whom had sold books before and everyone of them just rearranged the deck chairs on the Titanic.
You could ask the lowliest bookseller and they could tell you that what these guys were doing was useless.
Everyone of them stuck around just long enough to get their huge golden parachute and bail, then they went off to other companies they could screw up.
One of them has since been with two other companies that have gone bankrupt but he always comes out with the big bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back