Archived Not sure what to do...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a GSTL, I was coached today for my Team not performing on redcards on my shifts. The information I got from my ETL was that my STL thinks I sound like I don't care over the walkie and my ETL says I need to get more redcards on my shift than my GSAs or the other GSTL (she is a senior and only works GSTL once or twice a week). I need to be more "motivating", "energetic", and "enthusiastic". :dash1: I am at a loss. Everything I have tried seems to start out great and then peter out and I end up right back where I started. This is the second time I have been coached in as many months. Maybe I should give up and find something else? Any Ideas on motivation for me not just the team? Thanks for the space to vent a little.

This sounds harsh, but you must hold your cashiers accountable. In other words, coach, coach, coach. Document, document, document. Role play with them. Chat with them as they check in every day about the benefits of the REDCard. Insist that they educate each and every guest about the REDCard. Listen to them. If they aren't driving the card, then engage the guest in front of them. Then write a coaching. I pulled one cashier into the office three times in one shift because she refused to mention the RC to every guest. After the third coaching of the night, she figured out that I was serious. She got two RCs that night because she was educating her guests.

Then, not only will your butt be covered when you get coached ( "Uh, see here? I coached my team and role played with them to make them better,") I guarantee that your team will get more REDCards on your shift.

Is this easy? Nope. But it works.

Great advice. I know that sounds sarcastic but it's not meant to be. I have been coaching more than ever and having frequent on the spot coachings. The thing is today for example every single cashier (all four of them) was talking to every guest. There wasn't a time while I was speed weaving that I didn't hear them asking and sharing the benefits and we still only had 3 redcards by 4pm! I am just so over it and I guess it is starting to show.

Sounds like they are looking for a cheerleader.
How are you at doing the splits, the arabesque, candlesticks?
They want somebody on that walkie who can lead a cheer, who make the crowd roar, dammit.
This isn't just a store, it's a team.
Don't you understand?
This is about making people forget that they are barely making enough to pay the bills and push, push, push those reds cards.
Lets get that goal, that 3% goal because if we can do that well anything is possible.
At least until next year when they raise it to 3.5 and then to 4.
So turn your personality up to 11, put that bullseye on your chest and scream for the home team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back