Archived Official Discount End?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My last shift at Target is closing this Saturday. Is my last chance to do grocery shopping with my discount before this shift? I think Saturday is the last day of the pay period too, so am I correct to assume our discount cards won't work anymore on Sunday?

Can't believe this hasn't been asked anywhere before, but only LOA-related discount questions came up in search.

My last shift at Target is closing this Saturday. Is my last chance to do grocery shopping with my discount before this shift? I think Saturday is the last day of the pay period too, so am I correct to assume our discount cards won't work anymore on Sunday?

Can't believe this hasn't been asked anywhere before, but only LOA-related discount questions came up in search.

Unless you forfeit your card, it will work until you are terminated out of the system.

At my store HR has forgotten to deactivate some TMs discount cards. Just some info I heard from a GSA, don't know whether it's just a system glitch or HR forgetting to fill out some form.

HR's have to process a Termination with-in 24 hours. Its actually a score able metric for HR. Once they term you and its accepted by HROC, all ties to you as a Team Member are severed...

Did this topic title scare anyone else for a second?
Sorry!

Although, as a consultant who helps companies find operational savings without laying people off... I can assure you it's only a matter of time. Refer to the thread on Walmart paying $10 per hour for additional info...

Sorry!

Although, as a consultant who helps companies find operational savings without laying people off... I can assure you it's only a matter of time. Refer to the thread on Walmart paying $10 per hour for additional info...

Sorry, but I cannot find anything about losing employee discount in the thread you mentioned. Guide me please?

Sorry, but I cannot find anything about losing employee discount in the thread you mentioned. Guide me please?
Walmart raised their pay, so Target will likely be forced to follow, increasing labor costs and cutting profit margin.

The work I do in (indirect) procurement is about meeting profit margin requirements by reducing overhead costs—everything a company spends money on that isn't product to put on the shelves. Employee discounts are a HUGE cost and have a questionable and difficult to measure benefit.

For example, Home Depot has no employee discount, and comparable employee satisfaction and turnover. Kroger (regional grocery store) only gives a discount on their private label brands. I would guess that 10% on store brands and 5% on everything else could be a very likely first step in the near future, and would still be better than the average employee discount given by competitors.

Last edited:
You're required to turn in your discount card to HR or the LOD on your last day. If you're caught using your discount card ...for example you clock out, don't turn ur card in...than buy something with the discount card. You can legally be charged with fraud. My store AP team has done it before

Last edited:
You are required to turn in your discount card to HR or the LOD on your last day. If you're caught using your discount card ...for example you clock out, don't turn ur card in...than buy something with the discount card. You can legally be charged with fraud. My store AP team has done it before
Thanks, that's more or less what I figured. Guess my wife can shop with her discount card until the store closes since I am working a closing shift.

Also, is it normal that I am still on the schedule for the next two weeks as "off" every day? When I resigned from Target previously, my name didn't appear on the next week's schedule at all. I am wondering if this is because I am about 10 days short of the 90 day mark since returning—perhaps there is a difference in quitting before/after the 90 day mark?

Thanks, that's more or less what I figured. Guess my wife can shop with her discount card until the store closes since I am working a closing shift.

Also, is it normal that I am still on the schedule for the next two weeks as "off" every day? When I resigned from Target previously, my name didn't appear on the next week's schedule at all. I am wondering if this is because I am about 10 days short of the 90 day mark since returning—perhaps there is a difference in quitting before/after the 90 day mark?
I'm sure it's just HR doing something funny.

Walmart raised their pay, so Target will likely be forced to follow, increasing labor costs and cutting profit margin.

The work I do in (indirect) procurement is about meeting profit margin requirements by reducing overhead costs—everything a company spends money on that isn't product to put on the shelves. Employee discounts are a HUGE cost and have a questionable and difficult to measure benefit.

For example, Home Depot has no employee discount, and comparable employee satisfaction and turnover. Kroger (regional grocery store) only gives a discount on their private label brands. I would guess that 10% on store brands and 5% on everything else could be a very likely first step in the near future, and would still be better than the average employee discount given by competitors.

When I started using my discount less, I started shopping at other stores more. I wouldn't care about not having a discount if I worked at Home Depot, because I won't need to buy tiles and a big garbage can everyday (those are my most recent HD purchases). Target sells things people buy on a daily basis, though. Of course my one little anecdote isn't evidence that discounts are worth it. WM's discount doesn't work on food, but they have lower prices than almost everyone and they're the only store that carries rice krispies treat cereal so really not a huge deal lol

I know its only 10% but I still work there 1 day a week to stay in that club! If that ever goes away I may finally call it a Target career.

Until you're "termed" (terminated) in the system your name still shows up in the schedule system, you just didn't have any shifts assigned to you.

I miss the days where they had discount months for all the store brands...
I miss the days where they actually let you know we were having discount months for store brands.

Now they hide it on red360 and no one knows about them until halfway through the month when someone buys a store brand and it's cheaper than they thought it would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back