Archived Oh Lego. FYI for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone set the seasonal Lego bins? The ones with the shrink wrapped lids? If not be prepared they are packaged badly from Lego. Two boxes one lids, one bins strapped together. To stock you have to break the straps of the case pack. Neither piece looks out of place and are easily mistaken for single pieces not a set bin/lid combo.

Just be aware the lids have no bar codes on them and teams not aware have been monarching them and flexing them. We figured it out when we found a case pack of the two boxes strapped together in back stock.

I wish I had taken pics, will do that and edit this post. But our fix for the problem was to simply tape a lid to a bin. This fix did require we ditch the extra shelves for the lids. And simply double stack the taped bins/lids.

So if you find Lego lids/trays with no barcode or Lego bins with no lids, yes they have a mate and check for back stock in separate places. It took me and a partner an hour today to sort out all the bins and lids scattered in the store.

I saw the packaging and just thought WTF.

What our Pog TL said as well, but couldn't be bothered to prevent the cluster though. So In-Stocks gets to fix it.

Last edited:
I assume they didn't connect do you could mix and match colors, but yeah. They dropped the ball on communication with these. The only place they go is into reshop.

Thanks.. I have had a few "pieces" come up to the registers.. It's baffling sales floor and taking forever to find out prices...

We have had so many people buy the storage bins and not take the lids, so we had about 30-40 extra lids with no bins to go with lol

We 1st received our shipment early December. LEGO FAIL. Another TM and I laughed, then decided, well that's LEGO, let 1800 TM's across the USA & Canada figure out how to sell these overpriced bins...Get the tape dispenser!

We have had so many people buy the storage bins and not take the lids, so we had about 30-40 extra lids with no bins to go with lol

Those I would As is for cheap once you know you have everything you can matched up.

We have some red bins with yellow lids cause of people couldn't figure out a bin should have a lid.

Or best was guest service monarching the lids and just throwing them in an isle. Backroom did the same thing monarch lid as a bin and backstock on the right the bin in a Waco on the left.

The bins for these lids were where they should have been, in seasonal. Without lids.

Attachments

• WP_20150101_09_53_38_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150101_09_53_38_Pro.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Ohhhh. I read the op the day it was posted and didn't know what they were talking about. Today I got a lid I guess when I was on backup and we didn't know where the barcode was. Came here and had my ahah moment when I saw this thread title. Thanks for the info!

Well if we have no more bins to go with it, in the trash they go? I just kept those in a conatant cycle of reshop, ir just placed them in seasonal buggies of cleaeance. Owell

Well if we have no more bins to go with it, in the trash they go? I just kept those in a conatant cycle of reshop, ir just placed them in seasonal buggies of cleaeance. Owell

You should have some check seasonal, that is where they should be, or do a walk of the home storage part of your back room, you might get lucky finding your missing halves in back stock. We had to walk the back stock and then pull everything in SubT and match them all up then back stock them again after taping them together. Seriously we would find a bin on the left side and the matching lid on the right in the isle.

We've had this happen too, thankfully I haven't had to deal with it but I did have the unfortunate pleasure of hearing a lengthy conversation on channel 1 about it between one of our more annoying sales floor TMs and the service desk cashier. I don't think anyone has bothered to do anything about them though, haha.

The way retail works: product has barcode, cashier scans barcode, customer pays for item. If an item doesn't have a barcode then there is confusion everywhere. Why not charge $1 less for the bins and make the lids cost $1? Lego doesn't understand...

The lid has something going on that makes it seem like it could be a standalone product. There's some sort of little sorting bin attached to it, so a barcode on each piece would make the full size bin to lid ratio uneven. I think they should do it like the clothes and put a $0.00 label on the lid. Most cashiers know what that means.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back