Pepsi scan

It is happening to all ADSD vendors excluding Starbucks. I'm doing about 3-5 manual audits a week.

The only thing I hate is that you don't find out until after you select receive and connect to the printer that you have a manual audit. I do a detailed visual audit for everyone and now I have to accept them in the beginning to see if I have a manual audit. I personally would like to find out as soon as you scan the barcode that this will have a manual audit or just have every order, excluding Starbucks have a manual audit.

So far I’ve only had to do Coke and Pepsi audits. A warning that they were going to do this would have been nice.

I knew they were turning the audits back on, but I didn't realize how often they were going to be. I heard they are doing them much more often because those vendors were causing a large percentage of short for the company. I'm not sure how accurate that is, but that would explain them wanting to do them more often. I've had multiple audits for Coke,Pepsi, Frito and Nabisco since they were turned back on.

Believe it or not, Pepsi is the single greatest source of loss for my store. Or they were, AP started to crack down HARD a few months ago. But, vendors, especially soda vendors in general suck. ALL of their shit should be manually audited regularly. Any receiver who trusts a vendor to bring in exactly what they say they do with the exact right count is a complete and total fool.

Does anyone cheat and scan off of the vendor barcodes on the receipt they print out for the audit?

But, vendors, especially soda vendors in general suck. ALL of their shit should be manually audited regularly.
I gave myself the task of doing a detail visual audit every ADSD order this year and I think I am up to around 50 invoices having errors this year. It's around $2500 in shortages. Frito Lay is my worst vendor when it comes to shortages.

Does anyone cheat and scan off of the vendor barcodes on the receipt they print out for the audit?
Not to say I don't understand doing this, but this will lead to it asking more.

edit - rephrasing to match what Snarf said below, if you're counting correctly than I don't see this as an issue.

Last edited:
I don't think it's cheating as long as you are still counting and not just inputing the supposed counts when it comes to the soda vendors. Of course when they don't build the pallet right and you cannot see everything then we need to break it down. Also I won't use it on new merchandise, I need to make sure the UPC actually scans.

I don't see it as a cheat if you use the sheet to count off everything on the pallet. There is no way that I am breaking down 4+ skids of Pepsi or Coke. My drivers have been good about going down the scan sheets they print off and pointing to each item. Just make sure that you can see every item on the scan sheet and you should be good.

Back