Archived Planning on quitting... Vacation hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiminy

I'd like to order 1 large person with extra people
Hey guys... So I've been working for Target for about 10 months now and I think my time is up...

I'm just wondering now and trying to plan... Because I read something here before about HAVING to use your vacation hours because they don't "cash it out" anymore? Is that (still) true? Is it ASANTS?

Thanks guys.

Sidenote: This site was such a huge help for me... especially in the beginning... Thank you guys so much.

Look up what vacation you have and schedule it, to take that time off. When that is approved drop your notice for the end of you vacation to be your last day.. How most people do it at my store now..

I didn't know you could do that... Interesting. Hope my store allows it. That would make it a lot easier.

How do the "sick" hours work? Can I use that as vacation too?

It doesn't give me the option to use it... Should I talk to HR and discuss what we should/can do? (and also tell them that I'd be quitting?)

California here
Vacation time will be paid out when you quit. Sick time will not.

It doesn't give me the option to use it... Should I talk to HR and discuss what we should/can do? (and also tell them that I'd be quitting?)
HR will not help you maximize your benefits before quitting.

Oh..Okay. So sick hours just disappear?

Okay so it looks like there's no point in doing anything other than putting in my 2 weeks. If vacation is paid out in California and I can't use the sick leave...

At least that makes it easier.

If you don't have another job lined up, just keep working & call out till it is used up. How many hours do you have of sick leave?

Last edited:
I'll take that as a yes.

From the Cali Department of Labor:

No, not unless your employer’s policy provides for a payout. If you leave your job and get rehired by the same employer within 12 months, you can reclaim (restore) what you had accrued in paid sick leave, provided it was not paid out pursuant to a paid time off policy at termination.

California Paid Sick Leave: Frequently Asked Questions

38 hours of sick leave...

Alright so I request for unpaid vacation... Then I put in the sick leave request? Do I have to wait for the unpaid vacation to be approved? I already signed the 2 week notice thing (although my last day is like a month away)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back