Archived Plano/Presentation team question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if there are any other plano/price change teams that work weekends and are forced to do ad setup/takedown? All other plano team members I've talked to in the area only do Mon-Fri, no weekends and no ad setup/takedown

At my store the some of the plano team help with ad and our Sunday trucks. Once in a while the pricing team will as well. Our, plano/pricing TL works every other weekend.

Depends, if they have enough hours to keep them happy they just do Plano stuff. We have a couple that don't want to do full time Plano and they split time in hard lines or backroom. If not enough hours, they do what they have to, to get enough hours. If add set up gets them enough they do it.

We have enough hours for plano to get 35-40 a week under plano hours just out of nowhere they started making us do ad setup/takedown and past couple weeks working Saturdays

As the signing ninja I ran the signing crew on Sunday mornings.
The PTL worked every other Sunday and one member my team was often assigned to plano team when we needed extra people.
But the rest of the team only worked M-F.

My old store worked Sunday-Thursday. But it was plano only. We were overnight and this was before pricing and pog TL was combined. A couple years ago they switched to 4am and tried the same Sunday-Thursday schedule but it was just too busy to get anything done on Sunday's at that time. Idk if they ever switched. I left the company soon after.

Current store is 4am and we do M-F. But we dont do the ad. The ETL-SF and salesfloor SR TL rotate weekends on leading the ad which is set by various salesfloor tms.

We typically work M-F, but from Thanksgiving to Christmas our schedules are all different. We work weekends currently. We don't assist with ad at all, though.

@someguy your hours are coming from other places now because the workload is like 44 hours this week. That's not enough to go around a Plano team of 4-?? people.
Some stores turn the Plano team into "Toy Team" where they work the truck, PTM toys, and flex/fill endcaps.
Ad setup is not an unusual thing to be scheduled, especially if your store is small and is taking more trucks than you usually get during the year (and its harder to schedule logistics TMs to do ad set). It's not hard, and it's (usually) before store open so you can listen to music and not be bothered by guests :D
I'm a Plano/Pricing TL and my Plano team works my weekend rotation during the rest of the year, but now will work every weekend until January when the workload picks back up. My pricing TMs don't work weekends typically.

I was wondering if there are any other plano/price change teams that work weekends and are forced to do ad setup/takedown? All other plano team members I've talked to in the area only do Mon-Fri, no weekends and no ad setup/takedown

We do the ad on rotation, pricing and pres. Bunch of bullcrap if you ask me. One day thats wasted that we don't do any workload because almost half of the day we are doing the ad, and its worse this time of year because the ads are bigger.

Only during Q4 because the hours for presentation drop dramatically. The last schedule I made had 5 hours for plano (with 23 revisions, 21 salesplanners, etc.) natch.

We never used to do ours. It would always be salesfloor who would do it. Now since the ads are getting bigger they are having us be there for 8 hours instead of 4 but still same amount of people (5 or 6) and it takes the entire 8 hours and sometimes still not done. Wish they would just cut the hours back to 4 and just schedule more help.

@salesfloor10 we have pretty much turned into a "toy team" but still listed under plano hours. Us doing ad every sunday has been going on for almost a year. Our store is very weird and changes things up all the time. We used to have plano/price change/flow come in at 4am, then it changed to 6am, now back to 4am. Listening to music goes back n forth whether its allowed or not. Plano used to be mon-fri but then it got switched up and everyone has random days off so we never really had a full team to do the workload. Our store though in general is out of control but you are right ad setup is stupid easy just sucks doing it every sunday with no break from it

We never used to do ours. It would always be salesfloor who would do it. Now since the ads are getting bigger they are having us be there for 8 hours instead of 4 but still same amount of people (5 or 6) and it takes the entire 8 hours and sometimes still not done. Wish they would just cut the hours back to 4 and just schedule more help.

@salesfloor10 we have pretty much turned into a "toy team" but still listed under plano hours. Us doing ad every sunday has been going on for almost a year. Our store is very weird and changes things up all the time. We used to have plano/price change/flow come in at 4am, then it changed to 6am, now back to 4am. Listening to music goes back n forth whether its allowed or not. Plano used to be mon-fri but then it got switched up and everyone has random days off so we never really had a full team to do the workload. Our store though in general is out of control but you are right ad setup is stupid easy just sucks doing it every sunday with no break from it

I agree it sucks to set ad every week (and not get to do anything on Saturday nights since you have to go to bed early).
I'm shocked that it's year round you set ad! The workload gets crazy in a few weeks and I know I'll need all hands on deck 40 hrs a week for the next several weeks. Sorry to hear your store is all over the place!

I rotate on the ad team every other weekend.. sometimes 3 times a month.
My Pricing/Plano TL works every other weekend.
POG team, I've never seen do Ad Setup.. ever.
Instocks, Flow, Pricing, And Salesfloor do our ad.

The toll it takes on our workload typically is bad. especially when we are still putting up the ad at 11am and I've been scheduled pricing since 8am. If they would actually schedule us the time we needed to put up the ad and then work like 2-3 hours in pricing/plano it would be fine. Knock out a small revision, do the labels for the day.. or something

Its gotten to the point I get so mad I make them change my workcenter in the computer and add an extra pricing tm on Monday though if I'm still doing the endcap audit after 11..
Or I completely stop putting up the ad whenever I'm scheduled to switch over and let the salesfloor finish it.
Otherwise, the pricing workloads not getting done.. Cause I'm not staying if you screw with me. I'll only help you if you work with me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back