PP1 - 1 for 1s

Don’t acknowledge the trailer until after it’s unloaded. Your autos might be a little redundant but better than INFs. I’m at a small format that gets a truck in the morning and a truck in the afternoon so we don’t acknowledge either of them until after he majority of it is worked or easy to search through. Helps our INFs quite a bit

edit: just to clarify I’m just suggesting this for a 11am unload bit your normal 4 or 6am unload
Not acknowledging your truck at the scheduled time will affect your lead in time . I’m surprised your Sd is not in hot waters for it.

Not acknowledging your truck at the scheduled time will affect your lead in time . I’m surprised your Sd is not in hot waters for it.
Some Small formats are using a pilot DC. We aren’t yelled at until we hit like the 24 hour mark. Are trucks typically get to our store by 8-10 hours so that gives us a little while before we get a nasty email to acknowledge. We also don’t have the space to unload all the flow center carts into our backroom so it’s a take one out put one back in and rotate process when the trucks larger than half full.

I’m a GM2 and in charge of essentials fill groups in my store. I don’t have DBOs for all my departments. We have been getting hammered with high quantity 1 for 1 and truck freight in those areas (PAPR, PETS, CHEM and HBA).

I’m trying to get the numbers down, but am having little success. And the time is not there to pull, push, back stock, push freight, back stock. Let alone anything else. We’re trying to get a little of everything done at least. So filling a vehicle of 1 for 1s and pushing it, might be all that happens. Doesn’t mean the 1 for 1 is done though. Suspending a 1 for 1 does not update floor counts btw.

We’re barely keeping our heads above water here. Looking for suggestions. We don’t have much in hours or salaried TLs to use.

Something we've been doing in my store to help cut down on high 1f1's is pull them twice. I'm not sure what your closing TL does on a nightly basis but as a CL TL I put myself in position to pull 2 or 3 depending on the amount being pulled... will pull them a second time after they've been pulled once for the day.

Something we've been doing in my store to help cut down on high 1f1's is pull them twice. I'm not sure what your closing TL does on a nightly basis but as a CL TL I put myself in position to pull 2 or 3 depending on the amount being pulled... will pull them a second time after they've been pulled once for the day.

That’s the strategy we’ve employed at our store too, especially with commodities like Chem and Paper.

Back