Archived Price Accuracy TL - advice....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrGSTLman

FBTL
Hi folks - with the recent moves in my store I became Price Accuracy TL. I am fresh off what I felt was a less positive tenure in my previous positon. Full disclosure, I feel like this wasn't a move that was based on my ability to do good work, it was just to get me out my previous position and this was just the only area they could move me to that wouldn't seem like a step downward (I've done pretty much all TL positions except plano). Like any other case, I am making the best of it and am looking forward to possibly being in a position where I can excel. If anything I am hoping the job change will help shake whatever personal issues I have been harboring (my previous position was just not a good experience personally for me, as the stress from it caused me major anxiety and depressive tendencies).

Enough of that... now to the subject at hand....

In the several years I have worked for Spot, Price Accuracy is really the only area I didn't have a working knowledge of before I started in the position so I went in kind of green. My trainers were great and I learned a lot during my training week. I guess all I am looking for is advice on keeping the scores green, and advice on how, in a position where essentially you are doing the work along with your team, you can stand out as a leader. The team I am leading is wonderful, and they have been in their roles for a long time and have a lot of passion for the process, so I am lucky there... I'll take any advice there is.

Thanks in advance! :)

Hi folks - with the recent moves in my store I became Price Accuracy TL. I am fresh off what I felt was a less positive tenure in my previous positon. Full disclosure, I feel like this wasn't a move that was based on my ability to do good work, it was just to get me out my previous position and this was just the only area they could move me to that wouldn't seem like a step downward (I've done pretty much all TL positions except plano). Like any other case, I am making the best of it and am looking forward to possibly being in a position where I can excel. If anything I am hoping the job change will help shake whatever personal issues I have been harboring (my previous position was just not a good experience personally for me, as the stress from it caused me major anxiety and depressive tendencies).

Enough of that... now to the subject at hand....

In the several years I have worked for Spot, Price Accuracy is really the only area I didn't have a working knowledge of before I started in the position so I went in kind of green. My trainers were great and I learned a lot during my training week. I guess all I am looking for is advice on keeping the scores green, and advice on how, in a position where essentially you are doing the work along with your team, you can stand out as a leader. The team I am leading is wonderful, and they have been in their roles for a long time and have a lot of passion for the process, so I am lucky there... I'll take any advice there is.

Thanks in advance! :)
I'm confused. In most stores price accuracy team lead was combined with Plano and became the price and presentation TL did this not happen in your store.

I'm confused. In most stores price accuracy team lead was combined with Plano and became the price and presentation TL did this not happen in your store.

Not every store has the combined PPTL. My store still has plano and pricing separate.

Depends on volume. My store still has separate TLs for pricing and pog. But we are very high volume and overnight store. Our pog works overnight and pricing during the day.

Being over both POG and Pricing has to be the toughest TL combo in the store. I think POG alone is difficult enough to run.

The leadership portion of your position is going to be taking partners to improve your process. A lot of what affects price accuracy is how other departments are ran. Identify where you have opportunities and have those conversations/action plans to improve. A few examples of hicups that can hinder Price Acc

Zone - Make sure every closing leader knows what is being scanned when, so that zone can focus there.

Weekly forecast - While not 100% accurate, you can get a gauge on how large your workload is going to be on certain weeks. Get help on large days. Identify WHY it's large as well. Salesplanners not being set? Large amount of D-Code in the back? Improper PTM'ing?

CLR Planning - If you know you're going to have a large amount of CLR, identify aisles that shouldn't be set to accommodate. Work with plano so that you know where you can flex CLR without hindering their process. In addition know where salesplanners are being set so that you don't push CLR to an endcap that is setting the next day

Containment of CLR - Work with salesfloor Team Leads to identify "permanent" CLR endcaps. Should they move? Do they work where they are? Are there overflow plans?

Flow Team - Does the flow team know what to do with CLR when it comes off the truck? Does the current process work? Could it be better? (In my experience 99% of the CLR that comes off the line is a mis-pick. Check what is in the box...usually the pick label is CLR but the product is not)

Theres a ton others and it all depends on your store, but hopefully that gives you a few ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back