Archived Questions about availability change options

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJ5

Hello,
I plan on changing my availability after my 90 are up next week. Was just curious are the availability choices the same as when you applied for your job? "I want to work a max of 20,30, or 40 hours a week" "I am not available Mon, Tues etc or only between these times"? I was interested in working 4 days a week but I don't have a preference of what days I want off and I don't want to have to put i am not available on three certain days to do so, I was wondering if there is an option for how many days a week you want to work as well so it can be random. Also once I put in for availability change how long does it take until I see the change on my schedule? Thank you!:)

Changes once approved could take up to 3 weeks. I would suggest you have set days off, like Monday & tuesday. Don't expect any rotating weekends, either & may have less hours. Spot bases schedules on the business needs, not your needs.

Changes once approved could take up to 3 weeks. I would suggest you have set days off, like Monday & tuesday. Don't expect any rotating weekends, either & may have less hours. Spot bases schedules on the business needs, not your needs.
well one reason i don't want to set my days off are because it seems that i'm usually given a sat or sun off for one of my two days off and i don't want to lose that. plus being i don't care what days of have off i don't see the need to make it harder for the etl who finalizes the schedule. is there an option for how many days to work or only specific days of the week to choose from? wow three weeks, i would have done it sooner but i was told i have to wait until my 90 days are over.

well one reason i don't want to set my days off are because it seems that i'm usually given a sat or sun off for one of my two days off and i don't want to lose that. plus being i don't care what days of have off i don't see the need to make it harder for the etl who finalizes the schedule. is there an option for how many days to work or only specific days of the week to choose from? wow three weeks, i would have done it sooner but i was told i have to wait until my 90 days are over.
It depends on your mgt & store needs. Sit tight for now. Talk to your tl or etl about the changes after your 90 days.

When you log into eHR, you'll log into MyTime self service.
Go to Change my availability & it will give you a week's grid where you can fill in (or not) your available times.
There should also be a box for entering in the max amt of hrs you'd prefer to work.
Keep in mind that they might not approve your change request if it doesn't mesh with store needs.
If it's denied, you'll want to talk to your HR to find out if you can tweak it enough to guarantee approval.

Random days off in the middle of the week are usually not a problem. It's the TM's that want the weekends off that become issues.

Restricted hours per week are typically not a problem, but to be realistic, it's not looked at when doing the schedule. There's a flag that pops up when doing the schedule that will tell the HR TM that you're putting them over their limit....but there are so many flags right now due to mytime not being optimized that most likely they'll ignore it.

Random days off in the middle of the week are usually not a problem. It's the TM's that want the weekends off that become issues.

Restricted hours per week are typically not a problem, but to be realistic, it's not looked at when doing the schedule. There's a flag that pops up when doing the schedule that will tell the HR TM that you're putting them over their limit....but there are so many flags right now due to mytime not being optimized that most likely they'll ignore it.
Yes I've noticed that when the store is trying to hire more cashiers the hours go over what someone requests as their max. I have received three days off before when I was given lower hours (since Easter when we hired more cashiers) I don't know if that was mytime or the ETL, in my store the ETL tweaks the schedule not the HR for the front end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back