Archived Receiving Seasonal Items

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you who work in the backroom or are back there enough, when do you start to see seasonal items come off trucks or back stocked? I have heard stories of getting Christmas items in August, wanted to see if this actually happened!

Typically not until the end of October. Granted, I'm still finding things from last years' holidays. August is when we're getting ready for Halloween

Seems like I may have seen a box or two of "trim a tree" show up as early as late August in the past, but its not a normal thing, and its not in amounts that actually impact anything. It will normally begin trickling in sometime in September. My store usually has a small Christmas set that goes up about the same time as Halloween, then after immediately after Halloween, Christmas takes over the entire seasonal area

I remember one Christmas they kept playong Mary J. Blige's "A Mary Christmas" in seasonal.

I think the entire album was made for that pun.

Seems like I may have seen a box or two of "trim a tree" show up as early as late August in the past, but its not a normal thing, and its not in amounts that actually impact anything. It will normally begin trickling in sometime in September. My store usually has a small Christmas set that goes up about the same time as Halloween, then after immediately after Halloween, Christmas takes over the entire seasonal area
We had Christmas shippers with last year's colors show up the other day...randomly. They tossed them.

I accidentally emptied one of the giant plexi dump bins from ornaments on myself one year. I've got long hair...hubby says I looked like a disco ball. He combed it our with a flea comb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back