Archived redwire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm working on being a fan, but I drink a lot of kool-aid too!

Pro's:
*Fantastic Communication Follow-Up
*Cuts down on clutter in my E-Mail
*Allows Tasks to be given to individual team members or work centers :)

Con's:
*It's a little buggy still (but improving weekly)
*Leaders need to start using it to assign tasks out
*It's not on the PDA's yet

WTF is redwire and how do I use it? As a GSA should I be using it?
RedWIRE is the new Message Board, Urgent News, and HQ Partner Communication tool. At the moment, it's only on the desktops. As to if you should be using it, ask your ETL-GE

Retail Girl, post: 139827, member: 2291"]WTF is redwire and how do I use it? As a GSA should I be using it?
You dont want to have anything to do with it. Etls push messages down to tls and we have to look at them daily and respond to them.

I'm working on being a fan, but I drink a lot of kool-aid too!

Pro's:
*Fantastic Communication Follow-Up
*Cuts down on clutter in my E-Mail
*Allows Tasks to be given to individual team members or work centers :)

Con's:
*It's a little buggy still (but improving weekly)
*Leaders need to start using it to assign tasks out
*It's not on the PDA's yet

WTF is redwire and how do I use it? As a GSA should I be using it?
RedWIRE is the new Message Board, Urgent News, and HQ Partner Communication tool. At the moment, it's only on the desktops. As to if you should be using it, ask your ETL-GE
You should see the tl version

Its like reading message board and having to check it all off, I do think it will be helpful if it ever makes it to PDA.. Hell you can't even check schedule anymore

But right now it's more sh!t you have to sit down and deal with after emails lol

Good info, maybe this soul sucker has some use, after all

Its like reading message board and having to check it all off, I do think it will be helpful if it ever makes it to PDA.. Hell you can't even check schedule anymore
I like it a lot. So much information that I now know vs not knowing at all (when we are supposed to know). We got it on our PDAs 8/26. and I like it. I can log in right there instead of having to go to a workstation. But just a little reminder, logging out of your PDA does NOT log you out of REDwire. You will have to log out of REDwire, then your PDA to hand off or to go home. Dont want someone else opening the RW app and its under your name...

On a serious note: I am seriously the only tl that does them. I'm even taking care of sl's. It's ridiculous. I've had to incorporate RedWire into my routine. Monday I sit down and check for the week, delegate according to my team's schedule and on friday, I clear them out.

It's a hassle but eh, what are you gonna do?

It is mainly designed for iOS devices from what I can tell. It looks AWESOME on them, and once all stores get Ipods for their team it will work extremely well. GSTL alerts are even on REDwire.

It was my job to read the message boards for info pertinent to my team and share it. As a tm I haven't been able to access it. I feel out of the loop and uninformed. We rarely see our TL as he is usually in the backroom or working a different shift than the instocks team.

Same. We've already missed a few things because of this. Communication is now officially a nightmare.

It was my job to read the message boards for info pertinent to my team and share it. As a tm I haven't been able to access it. I feel out of the loop and uninformed. We rarely see our TL as he is usually in the backroom or working a different shift than the instocks team.

Same. We've already missed a few things because of this. Communication is now officially a nightmare.
And same here. I used to read the message boards on Monday morning and always found one or two things that I needed to know for my particular job. Now I just don't know these things... nobody is looking at Redwire and thinking "Oh, TiedAndDropped needs to do this today."

My ETL-HL makes a big deal about redwire in the huddles.

And then, upstairs in clerical, when he talks to other ETLs he just complains that he doesn't like it. It's buggy and crashes a lot.

Talk about sending a mixed message.

They don't even have rfapps. How (im)practical is that.

As far as I can tell nothing is in mine except merch updates and a couple random things. No urgent news, but even the consumables truck eta? Not sure if the ctl is getting then, but it's cutting me out if the loop with recalls, etc as far as I can tell so far. Cause I usually get way more things a and now I get nothing.

As far as I can tell nothing is in mine except merch updates and a couple random things. No urgent news, but even the consumables truck eta? Not sure if the ctl is getting then, but it's cutting me out if the loop with recalls, etc as far as I can tell so far. Cause I usually get way more things a and now I get nothing.
No, we're just as upset about it ourselves. Its bullshit. They're destroying everything we used to have to grade ourselves and ensure we stay on top of recalls etc.. Your CTL greatly appreciates your hard work and actively staying on top of priories like urgent news..

If he doesn't, I do, for whatever it's worth.

They are working on a department roll out, which will allow tasks to be assigned to every role within a workcenter (i.e. Salesfloor/Grocery) instead of a person (Salesfloor/Grocery/TL). It should make life a bit easier.

And same here. I used to read the message boards on Monday morning and always found one or two things that I needed to know for my particular job. Now I just don't know these things... nobody is looking at Redwire and thinking "Oh, TiedAndDropped needs to do this today."

I was wondering why there was nothing new in our message boards. At least our Team Lead will now realize that we've officially canceled our cut fruit program, it's not just something I made up.

I don't feel like my ctl appreciates anything I do except when it gets him recognition, but my last etl hardiness loved me for it. He could ignore anything market related as long as I was in the building. Vendors, recalls, urgent news, taking notes on a steriotech visit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back