Archived Requesting vacation time??

Status
Not open for further replies.
i tried to request vacation time for 11/21, and I saw on the schedule today I am working. I talked to hr and was told that you need to request a day off first and then ask for vacation hours and they can't be more than your average weekly. So I'm very confused. How do I do this? I have 11-12 hours I would just like to use up as soon as possible.

i tried to request vacation time for 11/21, and I saw on the schedule today I am working. I talked to hr and was told that you need to request a day off first and then ask for vacation hours and they can't be more than your average weekly. So I'm very confused. How do I do this? I have 11-12 hours I would just like to use up as soon as possible.
You need to go on ehr, to request a day off, at least 3 weeks in advance. That week is a blackout week at my store due to Black Friday. Did you request it off?

It is too late to ask for 11/21 off. The schedule for that week has been written and posted (today). The best you can do now is ask someone to swap shifts with you. Or post it on the swap shift board and hope someone takes it. Otherwise, you are responsible for it until you confirm someone can take it. Other thing you could do is call in for that day.

Sounds like you got denied. That's during a vacation blackout period

No, it was not denied. I am saying I did not know you had to request the day off AND request vacation time. I requested 11/21 off back in October, but I did not do it the normal way, I put the request to use my vacation hours in (which still shows PENDING). I did not know you had to do both. I have about 12 hours for vacation that I want to use up to get them gone as I will be leaving the company soon-ish, but the form is always confusing to me with the whole you can't request more than you weekly/month average/whatever

You can still use vacation hours that day even if you are already working.

It's not too difficult if you think about it for a few moments. Your average hours are displayed on that vacation request page. At the end of that week, if you have worked LESS than your average hours, your vacation pay will be approved and it will pay out what you asked for (up to your average hours).

If you leave the company, your vacation hours should be paid out automatically.

Go into your Ehr and look at the request, denied approved?
Always request the days unpaid first. That will remove you from schedule supposedly, then when that is approved you request it as paid time so you get paid. They made these points clear as mud when the My time system came to be. But it works.

However the 21st? Good fucking luck have that day off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back