Archived Should I call the store if I'm going to be late?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I'm going to be about 30 minutes late to a shift that is over a week from now. Should I call the store that day to let them know or let them know in advance?

If the shift is a week away and you know you will be late..you need to go ahead and tell them...I will be late on xxx because xxx...that way that know and you don't have to stress about calling the day of .

If the shift is a week away and you know you will be late..you need to go ahead and tell them...I will be late on xxx because xxx...that way that know and you don't have to stress about calling the day of .
Who would be the best person to tell? Do I just tell HR?

I would talk to your etl, or tl then you could follow up with hr if you wanted to. The main thing is to talk to your tl and or etl and REMIND them the last shift you work prior to the day you need to come in later...just to make sure they remember etc.

I would talk to your etl, or tl then you could follow up with hr if you wanted to. The main thing is to talk to your tl and or etl and REMIND them the last shift you work prior to the day you need to come in later...just to make sure they remember etc.
Alright thank you!

Tell your TL, ETL, or HR you know you're going to be late because of [insert legitimate reason] and I'm sure they'll change the schedule right then and there. Talk to your ETL for sure, but make sure to touch base with whoever writes the schedule.

When this would happen to me, or when our front end team members would ask me how to handle this... I always checked to see who the LOD would be during the shift in question and touch base with them right away, then touch base a second time a day or two beforehand. It always worked well at our store

Letting them know the day of, or day before, is best. Let them know a week ahead and they'll forget about it when it happens. Call the day of and/or the day before and they'll remember.

I had TMs tell me a week in advance, not the day of, and I would forget. I got a little worried the day of but once they reminded me that they already told me about it everything was cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back