I'm Lost! SOFTLINES daily routine newbie help please!!

Hi,
I’m a new team member, I was wondering if anyone could please help me and go over the daily routine for someone in soft lines? Specifically I am in RTW and I think sometimes I will be doing fitting room,
Sometimes on the RTW floor.
Ex: can someone please help me like let’s say I come in tonight at 7... what is push/pull/ what is the routine? Thanks so much!!

It depends on how your store is structured. I'm currently rescheduling my team right now so that my dbo's (dedicated business owners) have staggered start times of 10, 11 and noon. Closers are only zoning. If you are instructed to push and pull though...push means stocking the floor with the current freight from the last truck unload. Pull is pulling product from backstock to replenish what has sold. The proper flow of your shift should be to clock in, announce you are there to your lead, grab reshop from guest services and the fitting room (items returned or abandoned around the store that need to go back to their home location). Make your way to your department and put away those items. Perform a quick zone (returning items in disarray to their proper homes) and then drop your one for one/man caf batch (items sold that need to be replenished from backroom stock). Pull your batch and stock it (pay very close attention during this part of your training so you don't create errors in the backroom). Then retrieve your new freight from the style truck breakout area. Folded and pegged product will be organized on a shelves cart, hanging on a large rolling rack. Stock these items to the floor. If you have overstock, folded and pegged items get backstocked with the device in the same area you pulled from. Hanging items that won't fit on the floor have space in the back, organized as well, but not located with the device. You will have fellow team members as resources, you should be paired with a trainer. The device is your friend. As long as you pay attention, have a good work pace and take your breaks as assigned you should be ok. There are many nuances to style and your leaders are well aware that it takes time to learn them all.

At my store, our instructions are to zone the area first; then do "one-to-one" (pull from backroom); then do freight (wachos first - then z-racks) and go-backs. It's actually more work for the opening TM than for the closing TM to do, which is why I can't understand why the opening zone is so bad --- unless there wasn't a closing TM in the department.

Back