Archived Soliciting Suggestions for Softlines

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are some minor changes that could make a huge difference in our store. First, stop using the tiny little hangers. It is nearly impossible to get the items from the reshop cart to the rack without them falling off. If you manage to get them to the rack the fall off as soon as anyone touches anything on the rack. We spend half our tome picking stuff up off the floor and rehanging it. It's not shoppable. Watch the guests in infant softlines. Every time they touch anything half a dozen things fall on the floor. Some try to hang things up but most shake their head and give up. I see it every day. The other thing is over stocking. We aren't allowed to backstock any clothes. There are so many tables and racks that are unshoppable, unzoneable and just plain junky looking. If we stopped overstocking we would move product faster and it would be much easier to maintain our zone.

What's weird is this is no longer an issue of FRO hanging things on the wrong sized hanger. I had to explain this to one of our brand TMs who seriously thought that the new operators were jacking everything up. I told her that I have opened boxes straight off the truck that have small (yes, toddler sized) hangers on the XS and S sizes in Girls and Boys. And it seems like some of the women's clothing is now coming off the truck with the hangers we normally use in the boys/girls dept. Definitely would be nice if they'd send us things hung with the intention of them staying hung until they were tried on and put back. Definitely agree with you there BullseyeBabe. I'd also have to add that I'd like to see STRONGER pants hangers. Nothing worse than zoning in mens and having all the pants fall off the hangers as you're trying to put them in the right size/color/style order. ><

I back stock like nobodies business. In infants, it's more than two folded. In RTW, it's 4. I've learned to back stock and pull myself. It makes more work for us having too much around. The little hangers are for anything under 12 months. I'll see guests hit things done wi the their cart and not give it a second look.

Softlines is rough.

I wasn't taught to count like that. I was taught to NEVER cover the signing. So we stock the folded on the table until it reaches the bottom of the sign and call it good. Granted you try very hard to keep about the same amount of shirts/pants/shorts per sizes. Stores are so busy now with so few hours that if we went backstock crazy some of that stuff would never make it out of the backroom again until it hit clearance. I know that sounds terrible but it is a fact of life at our store.

If we only get 2 people in softlines and there isn't anyone at the fitting room, calls get answered by HR and the TM's knock out whatever hung and folded reshop is available, then hit each section as quickly as possible.

As for backstock, it almost never happens. Any clothing that gets sent to the back ends up on the next round of push. Either make room for it or find an empty spot to flex it.

As for backstock, it almost never happens. Any clothing that gets sent to the back ends up on the next round of push. Either make room for it or find an empty spot to flex it.
I'd be willing to bet that your backroom is just making it look neat and then switching the pink clip for a green one.

It is so damn time consuming to backstock softlines and then pull half of it on the next batch, that BRTMs at my store rarely have time for it. Most backstock gets combined into one tub until it starts falling off, then a TM will grab a bunch off and send it out with the CAFs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back