Archived Sr.Gstl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need some help around managing time and resouces at the front checklanes, including: checklanes, food ave, and guest service. put up front bc of changes in store. Bad experience. Used to a large team, but not this large and with several GSA's. Any help would br greatly appreciated!!!

Determine how much off-stage time you need and what it'll take to get this off-stage time(GSA coverage, GSTL overlap, etc). Come up with what you want to accomplish at the front lanes/Food Ave/GS and what it'll require to accomplish that. Have a weekly action plan. Know what team members have to be involved, who you have to take partners with, and that you'll be able to cross paths with them. Present this to your STL and ETL-HR and see if you can get the scheduled alter to suit your needs. If you have plans to achieve something(IE, improve guest survey scores at the front), your leaders might be more incline to make the changes, as it'll reflect well on them.

What will most likely happen though is that they'll tell you that you have to get all this stuff done on your LOD shifts and they won't make any changes to the schedule. But it's worth a shot!

Thank you for your input RetailWorld much appreciated. I seems to me that everytime I come up with a plan I'm over run with The Etl up front. I'm not bashing by any means i truly want what I'm doing to be repected and given a chance. I feel micro managed. I've been with Target too long to have that done to me. Well respected before this Etl and on track for ETL. Now my confidence in myself is in question and I hate feeling that way. Sorry this is the only "safe" place I feel I can talk!

At my store, we have very strong tl's in Starbucks & food ave, my sr tl concerns are front lanes, filled end caps or see spot save, surveys & red cards. I would suggest to ask your tl's, gsa's or service desk for help in completing tasks or get them trained on brand. Encourage & support your team. Your stl will notice any changes or improvements at the front end.

Totally agree. I have my three gsas owning: 1 own gs and all ordering, 1 own checklanes, endcaps, fill, and communication to gs gsa whats needed, the last gsa owns giftcard and food ave order supplies. I came up with this on my own and is working pretty good so far. I just level set with each of them the other expectations being gsa like speed weaving being the biggest business need, guests first, and they can also listen to the cashiers and their msg. Obviously we do bank gs, breakschedule, plan for carts have eyes in the back of our head, and on the side ....ect. i am then expected to keep writing up coachings that I feel are not necessary unless their is truly a poor performer. Im coaching literally some of our best tm. I just dont want them to want to quit. Our turnover in our store is really bad right now. But our training is high, im thinking that is not too good. Trainings are done, but are they done the right way!?!?!? @Hardlinesmaster

It sounds like you have everything is according to brand & meets your expectations. what does your stl say about the front end?

our stl is really great except for the fact that our stl is like the sideline watcher. this stl observe us and the etls. Only gives feedback to etls to give to us. So there could have been something i did two three weeks ago and just find out. I loved our previous stl and etl, they demonstrated courage at every level. We were able to problem solve so much quicker. I challenge upward, but that does nothing. @Hardlinesmaster

Thank you! If anything, it just feels good to talk about it and get some good advice!

Yep, use your gsas for captain ships. At my store, it was broken down to me being in charge of One Spot, in stocks and ordering. Another GSA is in charge of photo, guest service and saver spot (she does none of it, honestly) and the third one is in charge of gift cards, batteries, and the trading card wall. My gstl told me in my interview that there was a reason he gave me the hardest ones...so that felt good to know that they knew it was crazy lopsided, but good.

Know all of your gsas strengths and weaknesses and use those as best as you can to really use them to help you. Support them, and do your best to treat them as equals. Everyone other leader in the building talks down to me and treats me like an idiot, so I do my best to avoid them. My gstl treats me like a peer, and I do my best to step up and help and support him as much as possible.

If your team can get redcards and have a good vibe score, nearly everything else will be overlooked and it will be smooth sailing. If your team struggles with one or both of these, everything else will be overlooked and your life will be miserable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back