Archived Still in high school

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work at target and am still in high school, however I go to cyber school so my availability is completely open. I've been GSA training for 2 weeks, and then today HR tells me, today that since I'm still in high school I can't have the promotion and I have to go back to working as a minor. I don't understand this because I have been working as an UN minor for 2 months, and now all of sudden she wants me to change back....

Oh I'm sorry I forgot to mention that I'm NOT a minor any more. I turned 18 2 months ago, but she is just now saying that it doesn't matter how old I am

At this point, it's your school status.
Even tho you're doing school on-line, you're still a student according to most state laws & wouldn't be able to do closing shifts.
Once you're out - be it graduation, GED, whatever - you should be in the clear.

Yep, they were wrong to get you started on that. You have to follow the minor rules until you graduate.

Yep. happened to me. happened to the guy who eventually replaced me. Target considers you a minor until you're out of high school and 18 years old; no way around it

Well there is a way out if it. Just drop out. Who needs a high school diploma anyway? Think of the possibilities - Just say you graduated, Target may not ask if you graduated, so you'll continue on and get that promotion to GSA. 3 years later you'll prove yourself and get promoted to GSTL. 12 years later and $2 more an hour you'll be ready for ETL interviews.

Basically living the dream!

I
Well there is a way out if it. Just drop out. Who needs a high school diploma anyway? Think of the possibilities - Just say you graduated, Target may not ask if you graduated, so you'll continue on and get that promotion to GSA. 3 years later you'll prove yourself and get promoted to GSTL. 12 years later and $2 more an hour you'll be ready for ETL interviews.

Basically living the dream!
Agree. Dropout now and you can finally begin your dream of giving great guest service!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back