Archived The Big Reveal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if we are lucky after the role out they will forget about it like they do 90% of every stupid new program they role out. Or it will be something like the business walks and status that they no one does anything with until the very last moment because they have tons of real work to do. At this point I do not think anybody at HQ has a clue about what it is like to work in a store. That is the only thing that could explain the level of stupid we have seen come out in the last few years.

the level of stupid hasn't reached a plateau, unfortunately.

be careful with your business walks folks. one of our srtl went for support help two weeks ago and overheard their visit. dtl told them any tl without their business walk on tuesday is to be coached. ditto for execs who haven't followed up on wed/thurs (can't remember). i made a special trip just to get mine done. lucky she mentioned it. this week 6 of our tl were coached (with performance documentation) for not having their business walks posted.

This new Team Alignment ************ pisses me off. I want to go knock on corporates door and ask who the hell came up with this. Feels like a damn concentration camp now. YAYYYY TARGET!!!

be careful with your business walks folks. one of our srtl went for support help two weeks ago and overheard their visit. dtl told them any tl without their business walk on tuesday is to be coached. ditto for execs who haven't followed up on wed/thurs (can't remember). i made a special trip just to get mine done. lucky she mentioned it. this week 6 of our tl were coached (with performance documentation) for not having their business walks posted.

Makes me glad I'm just a peon.

It is beyond amazing how completely screwed up our priorities are. The stores are falling apart so lets make sure we focus on filling out paper work that not a single person at the store level has any use for. Screw guest service go sit in the office and spend time writing what they want to hear. Hey here is a novel idea why not ask the people that work in the stores if the have any use for this foolishness.

team members in multiples will be assigned based on their job code in max. but get this... you can only work to develop your OWN team.

so ive been working over the last two months with a hipo team member. she was top contributor tons over the last year or so, but she hasn't been a top contributor in about 6 months. her etl told her not to bother to apply for promotional ops because she wouldn't get them (i was also in the stockroom and couldn't believe my ears). since that time, her performance has tanked.
i coached her last month because of her attitude and have been following up on her performance. since then, she's gotten tons of recognition and i was able to assist her in her interviewing skills. she was recently promoted, and her interview blew the store manager away. my point... team alignment (at least according to my stl) takes this away. i cannot work with tm outside of my alignment, and team members are not equally distributed. if you're a flow tl, be prepared to handle tons of tm. i hope my leadership team is just taking everything too literally (per usual) and it is not going to stay that way.
This!

Honestly, my Target is hilarious in that all of the ETL's and the STL think this alignment stuff is utter bull************. The entire store is ignoring it and continuing on business as usual. Maybe there is hope for my store yet.

Honestly, my Target is hilarious in that all of the ETL's and the STL think this alignment stuff is utter bull************. The entire store is ignoring it and continuing on business as usual. Maybe there is hope for my store yet.

Well we are going through the motions but, thats about it. After reading the thing I really have no idea what the point of it is. Sure its some more paper work but overall the attitude seems to be just doing what they tell us, assuring our team members that nothing has changed and expectations that it will end up just going away like so many other poorly thought out ideas. At this point it seems like they just want to have more stuff for us to write on Buisness Walks and Status etc. None of this stuff has any use at the store level and just continues to waste time that we do not have.

My boss just got back from Minn. as well.

He tried to get us into the team spirit thing with one voice by telling us all about the event, how they met at Target Stadium and there were 15k Red and Kacki there and how exciting it was.

It ended when I pointed out that it would have been disturbingly easy to get away with murder that day because of a Gary Larson cartoon.

Here's what I thought would have happened...
"What was the perp wearing?"
"Red and Kahki.
"Screw it, we are going home."

Any bad idea can be killed with enough sarcasm.

Beautiful Talan. You never fail to crack me up. Our STL hasn't given the "rah rah" speech yet. Mostly because there is nothing to cheer about. He's been too busy chewing us out via hate mail.

Hard to have anything to shout about when the store is a complete mess. One team? Heck there is no team.

Well we are going through the motions but, thats about it. After reading the thing I really have no idea what the point of it is. Sure its some more paper work but overall the attitude seems to be just doing what they tell us, assuring our team members that nothing has changed and expectations that it will end up just going away like so many other poorly thought out ideas. At this point it seems like they just want to have more stuff for us to write on Buisness Walks and Status etc. None of this stuff has any use at the store level and just continues to waste time that we do not have.
Like I said, people in high-paid, worthless positions that have nothing to do with profit have to do something. I'm sure dozens of people were paid a years salary for coming up with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back