Archived Tl interview questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Answering the questions can be tricky depending on the person asking them.
At one point I started in about how great I thought Targets policy of hiring people with disabilities is (since I fall into that category and we have a number of people on the staff ranging from severe to minor) and how as a TL I would encourage and hire people with disabilities.
I explained that my own experiences and the training I had working at DVR would make me an ideal TL.
Little did I know that the new ETL is very uncomfortable around people with disabilities. I was informed that my answers needed to be more universal (whatever the hell that means) and one of the more cheery members of the crew got the job.
Since he's come on we haven't hired anybody else with a disability and I've watched him turn around and walk the other way rather then deal with one associate.

Because he got a masters in business, went straight from college into Targets executive fast track and never looked back.
I'm sure he will have his own store within the next year or so.
He fits into the rah-rah corporate culture spot seems to be pushing these days and just isn't comfortable around people different then him.
Honestly I don't hold his being uncomfortable around people with disabilities against him, many people have similar issues but most of them make an effort to hide it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back