Archived TLs promoted to ETLs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this actually happen? Is it also required to be a SrTL before ETL? We have to TLs who worked in the store for 5 years at least 3 of those years as TLs and then they bring in two outsiders as the SrTLs. How can you expect loyalty to a company when you hire from outside the company rather than promote. This is why I am going to Harris Teeter, they promote much more than Spot does.

I've seen lots of TLs promoted to ETLs. I know a person who went from softlines to Starbucks to hardlines to electronics to TPS to ETL-AP and is now an APBP. A lot of it has to do with the quality of the leader. Many TLs in my district don't want to be a SrTL or an ETL. Many shouldn't even be TLs. Since I decided to get serious about my life and decided to advance as long as I'm with Target, I've gone from PA to CTL to SrTL in the span of 18 months. I'll soon be going to ETL interviews and have the backing of my leadership. It just all depends on the person.

We had a seasonal tm hired last Nov...from the moment he set foot in the building we all knew something was odd about him. He literally would stand around the corner and listen to people talking ( not bothering to make sure he listened to the whole story as to not take something out of context)he would try bossing us all around when he didn't even know what the hell he was doing...the etls/stl just ate up on him. They would tell him constantly that he was their go to person in the backroom ( this is when he had been there three weeks...let alone there are two ppl back there with almost 40 years w Spot between them) Then this Jan...he started spending lots of time with the etls,,,then the stl...next thing I know in Feb its announced he was a leader ...I asked my srtl, what position did he get ( meaning what team lead /area did he get) the srtl said what do you mean...so I explained...he said Oh,hes not a a tl hes been signed off to be an etl. So, stranger things have happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back