Archived TM to TL Promotion... Any suggestions on which positions to take (or to avoid)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my TL and ETL have been talking about promoting me for awhile. Currently I'm the main Instocks person, but I'm also the lead dedicated stocker in electronics, backstocker in the electronics stockroom on truck days, and I do ad setup on Sunday mornings. I feel fairly well-rounded and I've been thinking about which positions I'd take if they came available. I'm not too sure I'd want the flow team lead position, the early mornings have been getting to me a bit over these last few years, but PFresh peaks my interest a bit. Does anyone have any suggestions for which to consider or which to avoid?

Also, the AP guy I work with is constantly talking about me switching over to their department, which I am somewhat interested in. Anyone have suggestions or comments on that front?

Thanks!
InStocksLady

So my TL and ETL have been talking about promoting me for awhile. Currently I'm the main Instocks person, but I'm also the lead dedicated stocker in electronics, backstocker in the electronics stockroom on truck days, and I do ad setup on Sunday mornings. I feel fairly well-rounded and I've been thinking about which positions I'd take if they came available. I'm not too sure I'd want the flow team lead position, the early mornings have been getting to me a bit over these last few years, but PFresh peaks my interest a bit. Does anyone have any suggestions for which to consider or which to avoid?

Also, the AP guy I work with is constantly talking about me switching over to their department, which I am somewhat interested in. Anyone have suggestions or comments on that front?

Thanks!
InStocksLady

I would say Presentation and Flow TLs are a bad idea as a first TL position. That is not to say someone couldn't succeed in them, but I think it would be difficult. I would also recommend staying away from food service unless you don't mind getting stuck there. That being said, you more than likely will not have a choice of what position you get if you get a promotion.

I haven't done my interviews yet, I guess they were just talking about putting me on the bench. I guess that's the reason why I thought I'd have a choice... If a position came open and I didn't want it, I'd just say no :)

CTL has a LOT of responsibility as well. Vendor partnerships, basically the face of food safety in the store, pFresh (instocks and ordering) and you have to do a really good job of developing your PA's so they can take some of your TL workload as opposed to just working pulls and cleaning all day.

Don't forget all the administrative bull**** that goes into any TL position!

It is suggested to take a tl job. It can change at the last minute. Getting interviews done & foot in the door are the keys for promotion. Take it what they offer you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back