Archived Trying to move up

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetargetman

I am a Guest once again!
Well I have been employed with Target for 9yrs this October. I am also the only Orthodox Jew at my Target and my current supervisors are all OK with me not working Friday nights and Saturdays and taking off on the Jewish holidays (I always give plenty of notice when I ask off) If I were to move up to a Team Leader position could me not working these busy times affect me getting the position? thanks in advance.

Depends on the position. Flow TL or Backroom TLs (In my experience anyway) rarely if ever work nights/weekends. GSTLs, Sbux TLs, Sales floor TLs, CTLs, etc. on the other hand tend to work a lot more varied schedules.

Depends on the position. Flow TL or Backroom TLs (In my experience anyway) rarely if ever work nights/weekends. GSTLs, Sbux TLs, Sales floor TLs, CTLs, etc. on the other hand tend to work a lot more varied schedules.
My backroom and Flow TLs worked the same schedule as me, alternating weekends. We were also overnight.

The fact that your supervision knows you are an orthodox Jew, and a practicing one at that, then by law you can not be discriminated against. Would I hire Joe off the street as a TL with that schedule, probably not. But a qualified orthodox Jew, not a problem. I respect your dedication and wouldn't let that interfere with your career progression. Good luck!

As long as you qualify for the position otherwise I'm sure they will give it to you.
It might not thrill them to deal with you being off every Shabbos, but if you're good at the job they're going to live with it.
From my perspective it's nice to have another member of the tribe on board.
Somebody else who can explain what a hechsher is and how it's important, or why they need to put wax paper on the shelves, and how it kinda sucks that we have to take personal days when so many people get their holidays off because the store is closed.
Ad meah v'esrim shanah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back