Unpaid vacation

So I’ve been out because of covid and I’m supposed to be coming back on Monday but they only gave me two days next week and then the week after that it says “ATT- unpaid vacation”, I’m supposed to be a seasonal employee does that mean that my season is over?

I obviously can't speak to how your store does things but at mine we tend to give very abbreviated schedules to people coming back from loa. It makes it easier for us to get the schedule covered just in case the person returning doesn't come back when they're supposed to. We unfortunately have a lot of people who say I'll be back on this day and don't contact us until they're close to being termed for job abandonment then show up like heeeey I'm back why am I not on the schedule? So maybe...hopefully...they were just trying to be careful just in case you decided to extend your covid time off. Try not to overthink it though. Call your HR and ask what's up.

Did you call the store in advance to let them know you are coming off leave? Or did you simply wait and look at the schedule?

Folks, please chime in if it's different now, but the process when I had to take an LOA the process was that pay and benefits (or maybe the Reed group) would send word when the TM was coming back to the store, but they initiated the process right at the end of leave. It would then take 2 weeks for both the information to make it to the store plus the next schedule following receipt of notification being posted. The way to get on the schedule right after coming off leave was to call the store directly in advance by a week or two and let them know you are still breathing and your leave is over on X date. That would put you on the schedule already when the store receives formal notification they can schedule you.

If that time lag is still there and you didn't call up front, that could explain the "vacation." The up front dates could be as @TeeBee says, it's a test to see if you're coming back with as little chaos as possible if you aren't.

When I finished my leave, I had to start the process with reed group(pain ih the butt for me) and HAD to follow up with hr. I started my shifts right away with no interruption.

Back