Archived Using Wallet and gift cards together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, had a quick cashiering question.

I stumbled on this a few times today. If the customer has Wallet (Cartwheel & their credit/debit card connected to their phone) AND a physical gift card, what order do I scan these? If I'm not mistaken, do they need to add their gift card to Wallet on their phone?

Sorry & thanks for the help in advance.

Hit total first and then scan the the bar code and it will give you the option of using gift card, merch cards, cash etc before using their debit/credit card.

As @LUR99 said, scan items and physical coupons. Hit total, scan Wallet. Say yes when the POS asks if there are multiple payments, scan GC, rinse and repeat.

The most annoying thing is when people have cartwheel/wallet and they give it to you scan in the middle of the transaction, and then they try and use a physical gift card... won’t work

Nope. Can't use wallet and physical gift cards. If you scan the cards first, then the wallet, POS will tell you that wallet has to be scanned first, and void all payments. If you scan wallet first, it will put it all on the Redcard linked to the wallet, and there will be no opportunity to scan the gift cards. You have to load the physical gift cards onto the wallet, and select them as payment options in addition to the linked Redcard

Incorrect. As others have stated above scanning wallet after hitting total prompts for multi tender, in which case you can scan gift cards or any other type.
Oh this is so weird. I keep trying it at my store but if you hit total and scan the wallet barcode after nothing happens. :( I keep having to have people load the GCs into their wallet which is a process. But it really does nothing if you hit total then scan the wallet barcode.

Oh this is so weird. I keep trying it at my store but if you hit total and scan the wallet barcode after nothing happens. :( I keep having to have people load the GCs into their wallet which is a process. But it really does nothing if you hit total then scan the wallet barcode.

Call CSC then and report the problem. They'll probably have you replicate the problem.

Reactions: Dog
Is their background blue or red when you scan? If it's blue, the guest doesn't have a payment method activated (whether it be Red or Gift), it's scanning only for Cartwheel offers and that doesn't work after hitting Total.

Nope. Can't use wallet and physical gift cards. If you scan the cards first, then the wallet, POS will tell you that wallet has to be scanned first, and void all payments. If you scan wallet first, it will put it all on the Redcard linked to the wallet, and there will be no opportunity to scan the gift cards. You have to load the physical gift cards onto the wallet, and select them as payment options in addition to the linked Redcard
Incorrect. As others have stated above scanning wallet after hitting total prompts for multi tender, in which case you can scan gift cards or any other type.
I primarily work on the self checkouts, and the guests do not get the multi-payment option when they choose the wallet on the payment screen. This is why I tell them that they have to load their gift card onto the wallet in order to use them

Is their background blue or red when you scan? If it's blue, the guest doesn't have a payment method activated (whether it be Red or Gift), it's scanning only for Cartwheel offers and that doesn't work after hitting Total.
That’s probably it. If it’s not working when red call CSC right away.

Oh the screen is definitely red, I make sure first if a person says they’re using a gift card in wallet because I know a lot of the time they don’t actually have the option selected to pay with it. I’ve never seen this screen asking if the guest has multiple payments

Oh the screen is definitely red, I make sure first if a person says they’re using a gift card in wallet because I know a lot of the time they don’t actually have the option selected to pay with it. I’ve never seen this screen asking if the guest has multiple payments
Even if you hit total first and go to the payment screen? Then scan wallet? I’ve never seen it not work.
Try it next time someone wants to pay wallet (if they don’t have multiple payments you can just hit no)

Even if you hit total first and go to the payment screen? Then scan wallet? I’ve never seen it not work.
Try it next time someone wants to pay wallet (if they don’t have multiple payments you can just hit no)
I’ll definitely try it next time and see what happens. Maybe it will work

Scan after you hit total on register. That brings up multiple payment screen. This doesn't work on SCO. They have to add cards to wallet to use.

I suppose I've started a debate.

Also, since I'm a noob to Target and Breakroom, can someone clarify some of these acronyms? LOD , CSC, and SCO 😅😬 and maybe some other ones you might think I should know? I'm pretty sure the only ones I know are ETL/TL/TM/GSTL etc.

I suppose I've started a debate.

Also, since I'm a noob to Target and Breakroom, can someone clarify some of these acronyms? LOD , CSC, and SCO 😅😬 and maybe some other ones you might think I should know? I'm pretty sure the only ones I know are ETL/TL/TM/GSTL etc.
LOD - leader on duty. basically whoever the highest manager in the store at any given time (note: this one is going away with upcoming changes so don't get too used to it)
CSC - client support center. tech support.
SCO - self checkout
POS - point of sale. registers.
BOGO - buy one get one (promotion)
ASANTS - all stores are not the same.

LOD - leader on duty. basically whoever the highest manager in the store at any given time (note: this one is going away with upcoming changes so don't get too used to it)
CSC - client support center. tech support.
SCO - self checkout
POS - point of sale. registers.
BOGO - buy one get one (promotion)
ASANTS - all stores are not the same.

Thank you!! 😇

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back