Archived Utility attendant

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there's a description of the job, but I'd like to know what do they actually do from others perceptive? Is the pay well? Are they janitors? I've applied for an opening, please help explain.

They support the operations guys and/or the mechanics. Most of what they do is behind the scenes like trailer maintenance or other low difficulty building maintenance, but what they are most commonly seen doing are things like changing label ribbons and collecting operational trash (not garbage like from break rooms). They are on the exact same pay scale as operations (warehouse workers), so there is no pay difference.

Also they have no production numbers, they more or less just know what needs to be done and they do it. That being said, proving to your GL'S that you work well unsupervised is a must. They have GL'S too, but they have very minimal supervision.

Trainer said most of it. Garbage collection, collecting and redistributing slipsheets, fixing printers, emptying the balers, running the sweepers, scrubbers, and battery changer, trailer maintenance. They also do a ton of odd jobs around the building. It's usually a pretty chill job, so it's usually a very highly sought-after position (both full-time and back-up).

That's how I feel about being a CA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back