Archived waiting on background check nearly 2 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had an interview Oct 26th (a Monday), signed paperwork, and told to show up that coming Sunday at 11am. So I went out and bought some clothes for work and showed up to orientation. Turns out my background check wasnt done and only just got completed on Dec. 16th (3 days after I filed a complaint with the BBB on First Advantage (the company who does the background checks)). So now Im STILL waiting on Target to get an orientation together because I guess they do them with groups of people. In the mean time, I've picked up 2 super part time jobs and am picking up a 3rd pt job. Im a single mother that needs to provide for her 1 year old. How much longer do I have to wait?! I was told that since I have manager experience and 11 years merchandising experience, they were going to put me on the bench for a position and train me for it in addition to putting me in soft lines. Any advice?

Also, putting you on the bench means nothing....it still means you are a TM with TM pay and hours until a position opens up somewhere in the district...and there are few hours this time of year, so a) you will be waiting a long time for them to hire more people for an orientation, and b) when you do get hired, you won't get many hours, and those other part time jobs will have to work around the availability you gave them back in October, because you won't have a set schedule.

Agree with all the above , time for you to move on , verbal promises mean nothing ,if they really wanted you ,you would be onboard by now , you will not have a happy experience at Target and I think you realize this by the way you have been treated so far , good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back