Answered What should average metrics look like in SFS?

I'm a new ship-from-store team member and just finished up my first month. I feel like I'm doing well but I would like to know where my metrics stand. Everyone at my store just says "it's okay as long as you're in the green" but I find it hard to believe that they'll make me permanent if I'm picking 40, packing 100, and my INF is over 5%. My average right now for packing is 140 and 80ish for picking. INF rate is under 5% and would be much lower if it weren't for all of the items in quarantine. What numbers are considered good for a new team member (pandemic changes accounted for) & what numbers should I aim to maintain going forward?

Those numbers are perfect, honestly. The goals (green) are 36 for picking and 90 for packing, so you're beating those numbers by a good amount. Same with INF, at least for SFS. The goal there is 9%, so anywhere around 5-7% isn't that bad.

Obviously, you're not 100% in control of these numbers. If you get a string of batches that are in softlines or carts that have as many containers as they do eaches, then your productivity numbers are going to drop. It doesn't matter how fast you run around the store, it's an inevitability.

That's especially true for INF. You have zero control over whether or not the other teams are properly locating their product, be it on the floor or in the back. They may not have pushed it, it may have been stolen, or a guest might have just beaten you to it if you're picking batches dayside. Generally, if you at least make an effort to find something or get with a leader if you're having trouble, having a higher INF isn't terrible. I know for my leadership, it's mainly used for following up with a TM rather than being something to punish TMs for -- "I see that you INF'd a bunch of softlines today. Did you happen to check the breakout area? There's still quite a bit in repacks back there." Situations like that are where INF on an individual level can be useful.

In reality, INF as a metric is more applicable to the process and store as a whole.

Back