Archived What's the strategy for inventory?

• Thread starter Guest
  • Start date
  • Replies 33
  • Views 7K
Status
Not open for further replies.
At my store, the sales floor team members scheduled under Inventory superzone whatever area they're assigned, and each day's smart huddle is a ticket blitz through a different department of softlines. One year, Guest Service gave me a cart full of barcodeless hardlines items and I had to go on a wild goose chase for all their DPCIs so they could be ticketed and/or defected out.

How do items with SIM tickets (Repackage, As Is, Online Item) get counted for inventory? We don't defect them out unless they're actually defective.

At my store, the sales floor team members scheduled under Inventory superzone whatever area they're assigned, and each day's smart huddle is a ticket blitz through a different department of softlines. One year, Guest Service gave me a cart full of barcodeless hardlines items and I had to go on a wild goose chase for all their DPCIs so they could be ticketed and/or defected out.

How do items with SIM tickets (Repackage, As Is, Online Item) get counted for inventory? We don't defect them out unless they're actually defective.

all of the repackage/online item/as is.. ticketless items get brought to a team member on inventory night (usually the pricing TL and a helper(me) at my store.. the tm writes down the department and class and the price of the item on a financial sheet and gives it to RGIS.. for some reason some NOP doesnt scan for them either and we do the same thing.

Last edited:

all of the repackage/online item/as is.. ticketless items get brought to a team member on inventory night (usually the pricing TL and a helper(me) at my store.. the tm writes down the department and class and the price of the item on a financial sheet and gives it to the inventory team.. for some reason some NOP doesnt scan for them either and we do the same thing.

When I did inventory last year, I had to bring those items to a specific TM. I just wasn't sure what said TM actually did with them. Any why do some discontinued items not scan for RGIS?

all of the repackage/online item/as is.. ticketless items get brought to a team member on inventory night (usually the pricing TL and a helper(me) at my store.. the tm writes down the department and class and the price of the item on a financial sheet and gives it to the inventory team.. for some reason some NOP doesnt scan for them either and we do the same thing.

When I did inventory last year, I had to bring those items to a specific TM. I just wasn't sure what said TM actually did with them. Any why do some discontinued items not scan for RGIS?

Yeah its so simple. We find a similar department and class and guesstimate a price if it doesn't SIM for us. Then write down the new clearance price on a financial sheet. Its my favorite part of inventory. . I couldn't deal with the SKU checks.. lol. As far as the discontinued not scanning, I have no reason why.. everything scanned fine in item search but I think is was discontinued NOP that just wouldn't work for them. That's the reason why we had like 7-8 tubs for financials

I would have loved to post this in clerical during inventory.

Great take on inventory by Michael Scott.

51993647.jpg

As far as the discontinued not scanning, I have no reason why.. everything scanned fine in item search but I think is was discontinued NOP that just wouldn't work for them. That's the reason why we had like 7-8 tubs for financials

That started happening more and more a year or two ago. It is all based on the verification file that is sent by Target to RGIS. If a UPC/DPCI isn't included in that file, it doesn't scan into the machines for the inventory service.

Some items are deliberately not included (produce, fresh meat, starbucks, most giftcards, non-working displays, magazines/maps, etc.) as they aren't supposed to be counted. Not sure why they decided to not include all of this extra NOP stuff, as it causes quite a bit of a hassle for both parties. Unless corporate has some particular reason for segregating all such product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back