Archived will I get fired for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I turned up the display tv's in electronics when zoning there. Wont say how I did it but I didn't use the buttons or a remote to do it ;). Not obscenely loud mind you just enough that you can actually hear them. I'm probably one of a handful of tm's who like the endless loops of music and target ads over mind numbing silence. Anyhow back on topic another tm came to me and he said they were loud and he told me he knew it had to have been me who did it. He said he didn't know how I did it but that he had reported it to AP and that they were going to investigate it. My thinking is that AP had bigger things to worry about than to investigate something so trivial. On the plus side me and my AP TL are on rather good terms for the most part. Can anyone offer any insight into weather or not I should worry or if its much ado about nothing?

I turned up the display tv's in electronics when zoning there. Wont say how I did it but I didn't use the buttons or a remote to do it ;). Not obscenely loud mind you just enough that you can actually hear them. I'm probably one of a handful of tm's who like the endless loops of music and target ads over mind numbing silence. Anyhow back on topic another tm came to me and he said they were loud and he told me he knew it had to have been me who did it. He said he didn't know how I did it but that he had reported it to AP and that they were going to investigate it. My thinking is that AP had bigger things to worry about than to investigate something so trivial. On the plus side me and my AP TL are on rather good terms for the most part. Can anyone offer any insight into weather or not I should worry or if its much ado about nothing?

Well the only thing I'd be worried about is if you accessed something you shouldn't have to turn the volume up on the media loop, then AP might have a word with you.

AP could care less what your doing if it doesn't involve stealing or hurting someone.

Nice name and first post. Welcome.

The first thing that came to mind was a stereotypical "Tina from HR" giving you a recited speech about how we like to provide a distraction free shopping experience for our guests. Not sure why this would be an AP thing at all.

Like AARCaptain said, if you accessed something you shouldn't have you might have a little conversation with someone, but i honestly wouldn't worry.

046b16e0-b513-11e3-b0bc-f1f4c05edf5d_Ben-Kingsley-Sexy-Beast-No.gif

This story is mostly unrelated to your issue at hand, but my dad used his phone (gs5 I think) to change channels and volume in the waiting room at my dentists office and didn't say anything so the woman who manages the front desk was freaking out about needing to call the cable company and what not. Meanwhile, my dad and some other lady in the waiting room are snickering about it.

I'm assuming you used your phone, though to change the tv volume. Either way, I don't think it
will get you fired. but I've never been in such a situation.

As long as you used your mydevice you will be fine. Lol.

Reactions: pfa
Why would you turn up the tv's? Some guests may not want to come into electronics due to the loud noise. If you want music, go zone mmb. I do cover electronics & the loops can be annoying.

I was wondering the same thing. He should have turned the volume down!

You won't get fired for it. I used to work electronics and sometimes shit happens. Like you said AP has bigger things to worry about. I have guests who come in to listen to the speakers and turn the sound up to "ridiculous." You're fine.

If you were working in electronics, it should have been loud enough for you to hear, anyway. We can generally hear the loud part of the loop at the front end in my store, so the fact it was so quiet confuses me.

Anyway, that TM is a jerk...who goes running to ap over something like that?

Yes, what you did was annoying, but I doubt anything will come of it.

Lol, at one point my ETL wanted the TV wall as loud as possible, it was unbearable.

I find that the loop can either be entertaining or extremely annoying.

It depends on what's playing. Hard Knocks Life every 7 1/2 minutes was extremely annoying, and it got to the point where we couldn't take it anymore. Our Electronics team celebrated when that was finally taken down. Last year there was an MLB plays of the week that was part of the loop, I loved that.

At one point our SFT had the TVs turned up so loud we could barely talk to guests. He was asked to turn them down: No investigation, no nonsense, just a simple request. He did.

Regarding the volume, in my store, if anything the most that would happen is that I would be asked to turn the volume down if I cranked it up too loud. At one point our mobile guys were cranking their sonos display, and nobody really cared.

This story is mostly unrelated to your issue at hand, but my dad used his phone (gs5 I think) to change channels and volume in the waiting room at my dentists office and didn't say anything so the woman who manages the front desk was freaking out about needing to call the cable company and what not. Meanwhile, my dad and some other lady in the waiting room are snickering about it.

Way back in middle school (2001-02ish) I was able to use a Pocket PC in school for my assignments. It was pretty cool; this was way before smartphones. Anyway the Pocket PC had an IR port and I once downloaded a remote control app and would freak out the teachers by turning the TVs on and off, changing the volume, etc. :D

I am a cyber security student (aka a Grey Hat hacker if you know what that means). I manipulated the ir system on the speakers using a program. I turned the NEC TV'S up to 45 they are mildly loud but not annoyingly so just loud enough to hear them when you zone. I didnt access something that wasn't already there I could have used the buttons if I wanted to. Funny thing is this tm said to me "I don't know how you did it but I know it was you" lol

You won't get fired for using your phone to control the TV. In fact, I encourage my TM's to use their phone(as long as they signed off the phone agreement) and if they have an IR blaster, use it to mess with the TV's to impress guests or easily turn them off/on.

But you can get talked to for being annoying. It's not a "Fast, Fun, and Friendly" attitude.

Once as a joke would be fine. Twice you'd probably be asked to cut it out. 3rd would be a coaching.

I don't see how the tvs weren't loud enough...grant it being that asans....but I can hear ours all the way in the backroom.

I didn't even know the TV loop had sound still. I haven't heard anything since the alouette commercial which was like over 2 years ago I think lol. Oh and today I heard what sounded like kidz bop doing "Who Run The World? Girls" or whatever the official title is. Not sure if it came from the TVs though.

There's that one TV above music that used to play Megan trainor too, but usually it's not loud enough to hear unless you're feet away.

I'm guessing the TV volume in stores depends on the tolerance of the person who gets to control such things?

First off, you're not going to even reallt get in trouble for this.

But second, as someone who works many an electronics shift, stay away from the volume on our TVs. It might be nice for you to hear something while you're zoning, but what's not nice is when those of us working electronics get lectured about not answering our walkies when we physically can't hear them, or the guests 2 inches in front of us, because of those damn TVs. You want noise? Sing, or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back