Archived $10 Free Gift Card for a Flu Shot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Target gave away Catalina coupons last year advertising a $10 gift card if you get a flu shot. Today I got a coupon book in the mail for using their pharmacy (I don't use their pharmacy, I'm just registered because of flu shots) and it has a $10 gift card with a flu shot coupon. Since flu shots are free for us, you can use the coupon if you get one to get a free $10 gift card. It doesn't have any TM restrictions on it although you cannot use it in NY... and NJ and MA gets additional restrictions. I know it's early but I'll bump this in a few months. So save that coupon!

Alright... I'm in MA and work in the Pharmacy. Can you tell me what restrictions it says for MA, so we can be prepared? Thanks!

Getting a gift card might make me get a flu shot. :laugh4: I don't like needles. Only the tattoo and piercing kind. B) Yeah, I am the weird gal at target, haha

I would do it if only the flu shot didn't get me sick. I hate it how all my ETLs keep bugging you to get it.

I dont believe in Flu-shots... atleast not these target ones.

Why not the Target ones? The flu-shot itself is the same shot you'd get at your doctor's office, and the pharmacist who administers it is re-certified yearly, unlike the nurse/medical assistant who administers it at your doctors office.

Why not the Target ones? The flu-shot itself is the same shot you'd get at your doctor's office, and the pharmacist who administers it is re-certified yearly, unlike the nurse/medical assistant who administers it at your doctors office.

Sorry I meant to say Especially the target ones.

I just don't trust these new flu-shots anyone's offering. Personal preference and no im not a conspiracy theorist.

Sorry I meant to say Especially the target ones.

I just don't trust these new flu-shots anyone's offering. Personal preference and no im not a conspiracy theorist.

Fair enough. :) Just thought you were implying there was something wrong with Target's pharmacy...because it's just as safe if not safer than any other place you'd get it!

Apparently there is a version with a smaller needle this year, as well as the spray-nose mist version.
It seems SOOOO early for flu shots though. It's not even September. My health insurance doesn't start doing flu shots until October. I'll still get my shot at Target though.

It's probably hard to put/keep a live virus in a solid form.

Backup!! The flu SHOT is not a live virus. Only the nasal spray is-- though they claim because it's retarded in some way it can't give you the flu. My store isn't doing a nasal spray... maybe it varies by state?

Flu season does begin in October, but they suggest you get your vaccine in September because it takes your body 2 weeks to build up antibodies to the (dead) virus that is injected into you. Getting vaccinated in September ensures you will be ready for flu season to start in October.

I set up the signs and stanchions on Monday.
The pharmacy (of course) didn't get in all the paperwork they were supposed and we're hoping it's on the supply pallet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back