Archived 10% off for everyone this Friday/Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Offer cannot be combined with other storewide or category/department coupons.
So I have a coupon they gave me for logging in and registering my RedCard (finally - i've had it for almost 3 years!) for 20% off video game accessory item. That would be excluded from stacking??

Even still, i'm happy I remembered about it and didn't buy the darn controller last night without it!

why do I have that weird feeling that this whole ten percent deal is gonna backfire

Because it is going to eat into the profits of an already not so good 4th Quarter meaning a big hit on payroll all next year and yet will do nothing to appease the people truly upset about the credit card mess. After all nobody really knows about it so it will just be mostly the same people shopping who were going to anyway now saving 10%. If they were smart they would have waited until after Christmas and did up a nice ad campaign for it, that way it would have brought more people in instead of just losing money on people who were already spending. Athough at this point I guess the entire quarter is just being written off. If Gregg keeps his job after this then life at Target is going to get much harder since pretty much the only move in his playbook is cut positions and payroll for stores for his regular screw ups.

Why did I not hear about this yesterday? I even shopped last night and heard nothing. Off today so no clue what is going on. Tempted to go buy a TV that's on cartwheel. ..30% off sounds really good.

It was in the media last evening. Official news of it didn't hit our store until late last night. Our LOD didn't have time to look for it before we closed, so we didn't know about it officially until after we were closed, in time to hang up the barcodes at the registers.

Excludes all gift cards, entertainment cards, airtime cards, prepaid cards, iTunes cards, Apple, Bose, all video games, Playstation 4 consoles, Xbox One consoles, Target Mobile(SM), prescriptions, optical, clinic, and alcohol purchases. Offer cannot be combined with other storewide or category/department coupons.

That's almost as many disclaimers as prescription medicine! Should I call my doctor if my erection lasts more than 4 hours or not operate heavy machinery while shopping at Target tonight???

Between the 10% off coupon, Cartwheel, TM discount, and the REDcard, I saved over $30 today on some last minute Christmas shopping! A positive comes out of a negative.

Naturally I did some shopping yesterday which included a laptop. Seems a lot of guests knew about the 10% off and I was asked about it at least once in my voyages from the backroom.

The 10% apology was a page out of TJMaxx's playbook when they had a security breach, only theirs occurred over a year's time.
A few folks got snippy today but I pointed out that this was the first breach in all my years at spot, they notified everyone as soon as they knew what happened & they're offering the 10% as a mea culpa. The banks are monitoring their customers & have been successful in stopping much of it pretty quickly so the impact may be minimal.
All the sue-happy Sams will be disappointed when the suits are tossed because Target has done everything right, like it or not.

I would LOOOVE to get OT!!! we have been more than 20k over every day this week and just cannot get caught up. I got coached for working 8 minutes into OT last week, and i am a TL. does your HR want to transfer to my store tomorrow? pretty please?

I went to three Target stores in my area today and all of them were madhouses! Too bad the stores didn't get enough of a heads up to staff accordingly! Pretty sure they just had everyone on the lanes and all the leftovers working pulls all day.

I think the biggest misstep so far has been "apologizing" for this by offering 10% off shopping days. In other words, sorry someone got your credit card data, in order to apologize please come to our stores and buy more stuff.... umm... you know, more than likely using your credit card... which, uh.... kind of resulted in your data getting stolen in the first place.... sooooo.... yea.....

It's like a car manufacturer that sold defective cars that exploded and killed one of your family members saying they will apologize by giving you 10% off the next car you buy from them. I mean, are you going to want to do business with them again to begin with? And isn't a shallow ploy to make more money off of you a little bit insulting?
Yeh, but it's a common compensation ploy.
When H&R Block settled a class-action suit brought against them for faulty returns, they gave out vouchers for tax prep. When several major airlines were sued in the '90s for price fixing, they sent out flight vouchers that wouldn't cover a round trip & had more blackout dates than California in summer. At least the 10% was during a time it could be best utilized.

I had a few guests in electronics today who were elated about the discount (TMs were ecstatic we could stack and get 25% off). One lady bashed us about the incident then was so apologetic about it when I informed her of the 10% discount.

Last edited:
ended up working 11am-130am. Man am i tired but it was fun! We were 150k UP in sales, got the zone done, fitting room clean, and only 4 carts of unsorted abandon at the lanes. We also got 37 redcards which i thought was amazing since we've been having trouble since thursday. Pretty proud of my team today. :)

Doing it all over again tomorrow! Several people worked 6am-12am to get the OT and are doing it again tomorrow. They're actually offering OT this entire week because of how crazy our sales have been.

They had every freakin' lane open today from about 9am on. FA & SB were both slammed. I was bouncing between the 2 like a ping pong ball covering breaks, pulling supplies & restocking.
Madness! Madness, I tell you!

Did anyone notice that guests got 10% off everything today. Including xbox ones?

We were told specifically not to include excluded items in a transaction. We could ring them up separately then do one for the 10% discount on everything else, but NOT to do it together because it would take off for it. Also, I had a guest using a 20% off a video game accessory and was pissed she couldn't stack the 10%

Last edited:
Did anyone notice that guests got 10% off everything today. Including xbox ones?

We were told specifically not to include excluded items in a transaction. We could ring them up separately then do ne for the 10% discount on everything else, but NOT to do it together because it would take off for it. Also, I had a guest using a 20% off a video game accessory and was pissed she could stack the 10%

As of yesterday, it was smart enough to know what was what? Did corporate mess with the code? Meh. I haven't been informed of anything different and am not inclined to worry about it. That's corporate's screw up they could fix easily enough.

I would LOOOVE to get OT!!! we have been more than 20k over every day this week and just cannot get caught up. I got coached for working 8 minutes into OT last week, and i am a TL. does your HR want to transfer to my store tomorrow? pretty please?
For most days we would be happy to let you have her, believe me. You would not want her there long. She's been with the company for over 20 yrs (2or 3 yrs longer than our STL).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back