Archived 2 schedules.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my posted schedule in TSC has me working 24 hours next week.

Apparently there is an alternate schedule in the pharmacy... with 10 hours.

My ETL hasn't been there since I discovered it - and no one has ever mentioned I'm supposed to check/use the one in the pharmacy (the opposite in fact). Christmas Eve I asked the LOD (ETL-Log) about it, he said they wouldn't take hours from me - and to work what was on the wall because that is THE schedule, but he'd sort it out. Thursday ETL-HR was in, so I asked her about it (mine is still gone, and the pharm that has been working is the one that did the "wrong" one in the first place, and doesn't like me much). She told me the one in TSC was what I was to follow - there shouldn't be an alternate one posted. Yesterday she hadn't heard anything to her email....

Yesterday I had a "conversation" with the pharm that doesn't seem to like me much (i've felt this since the day I STARTED), and it was strongly implied there just isn't hours to give me. I'm trying to figure out why I was even HIRED at this point. In addition, this one sabotaged most of my "training" hours by not allowing me to do the stuff on the computer, get any hands on on the computer and telling me I should be working the counter and only the counter most of the time I worked with her (then complain because I can't check the queues on the computer every 15 minutes). I know there was a Target tech from out of the area that has applied - i'm guessing their goal at this point is to have me fail at my 90 day review because i'm not proficient and hire her.

Note, I did not apply for this job... I applied to be a seasonal cashier. THEY decided to hire me as a tech. But i'm hugely getting beat up over it.

ANYWAY, I just talked to the ETL-HR and after all the assurances that she'd get to the bottom of it, and all that, I just got told to work the schedule posted in the pharmacy, not the real one. Which I don't have - and I have no desire to talk to them on the phone, and all that so now I have to go up there at her lunch time and get it. Great.

Overall, I'm pretty much over the crap. I dropped into the middle of a situation - and i'm an easy target and i'm to old for this crap. If my ex wasn't such a flake right now I'd just hand in my two weeks notice and find something else. But alas, I have to work while I try to work out something. I've learned one thing - my availability needs to be narrower and my kids greatly suffer with me working there. Sigh.

I have no idea why i'm even posting.... i'm pissed about the schedule thing. I don't even want to work everyday like it had me - but I cannot afford to live on 10 hours a week either.

Well, since it is actually cooler here now - sure, pass the hot beverage!

Thanks. It's just exceedingly frustrating, and well, I guess one gets grumpier the older one gets 'eh? I just really have a low tolerance for stupid at this point....

Nothing wrong with grumpy, sounds like the smegheads deserve full on barking mad.

It's true there's a point at which stupid just doesn't fly anymore.

You're family comes first, the stress just isn't worth it.

Yeah, don't let some immature "manager" with the conflict resolution skills of an 8 year old get you down. If he/she wants to play office politics and childish games instead of just addressing whatever issue they have head on and being direct on it, that's their problem, not yours. Not worth stressing over them being worthless.

Work the wall schedule.
I can't at this point.... I would go against the pharm, but not my ETL-HR.

I'm pretty much done. Which I'm guessing is what they want to get that other tech in there....

I still don't think it is "right".

Talk to ETL-HR and/or STL and mention that you would be willing to work other work stations or pick up hours in other areas if they needed. Mention willingness to learn and help wherever is needed. I did this and they started cross training me on Hardlines a little bit at nights.

I heard a similar conversation to the one you had go down with one of our pharmacists with our HR person mentioning there "isn't enough hours", but they did ask if the pharmacist would be willing to work hardlines shifts. So check it out. Worth a shot.

I have been working in other areas, heck I did 5 hours in toys on the 26th!

HR knows I need 15~ hours, and has not implied it would be a problem. There are a variety of other things going on in the pharm too... But if I listed them I'd give my location totally away. I basically was dropped into a situation... And now I pay the price. I was very cautious going into it (it felt strange), and my gut instinct is proving correct.

Its a bummer because I really like working with two of the techs, and the ETL-Pharm is nice... I just haven't seen her much recently (she's newish to target). The commute (lack of) also worked well for me, the huts weren't what I wanted (I can't work weekends because I don't have enter training/experience).

But, overall, it reaffirms my position that my tech goal was NOT working retail pharmacy.

C'est la vie.... I will sort something out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back