Archived 20 percent off coupon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured we could, but our store wouldn't give them to TMs....and I spent WAAYYYY more than $75 ON FRIDAY!!!!!
WTF? That's not right at all.

EDIT: Actually, if you spent the money on Friday you wouldn't get the coupon. The deal was on Saturday, so it went into effect at midnight.

Last edited:
Like everything at Target if someone wants to dig deep enough a paper trail (or in this case, no paper trail) will be found.
How could anyone find out? There's nothing to dig into. The coupons didn't need to be activated or anything, so it doesn't matter if you paid to get one or not. POS doesn't know the difference.

EDIT: Actually, if you spent the money on Friday you wouldn't get the coupon. The deal was on Saturday, so it went into effect at midnight.

No, it was Friday.

Saturday was the $50 holiday shop coupon nightmare.

How could anyone find out? There's nothing to dig into. The coupons didn't need to be activated or anything, so it doesn't matter if you paid to get one or not. POS doesn't know the difference.

There are actually a bunch of ways that they can check. If TM discount was used or the name on the card just to name a couple.

There are actually a bunch of ways that they can check. If TM discount was used or the name on the card just to name a couple.
You mean like after the TM uses the coupon, you look up transactions on their card/TM discount to see if they actually spent $75 on BF? I think that's the only way.

You mean like after the TM uses the coupon, you look up transactions on their card/TM discount to see if they actually spent $75 on BF? I think that's the only way.

Oh I see what you mean. I suppose that would be the only way to check if you spent the required amount. I thought you were referring to fraudulent use of the coupons.

i was tempted to take one but i was paranoid and 20% off isn't worth my job, especially when i never spend more than $50 at once at my store.

All I would have to do is search transactions involving TMs and if they met the $75 requirement to get the coupon on the day it was supposed to be issued. It's really pretty easy to narrow down. Heck I'll even have the video.

But it's really not worth my time to do that for every TM. If I already had a internal case building on them it may be icing on the cake though.

The only problem is those coupons could be handed off from someone (like a family member) who did spend the required amount and given to a TM to use.

@On6 I thought about all that. And like you said it's not worth the time. Plus you would have to either already be watching the person, or someone would have to tip you off. And again like you had mentioned, the easy excuse is that a family member or a friend gave it to you. But if a TM used 3 or 4 coupons, I don't think that excuse would work. But actually I guess you're innocent until proven guilty, so I wonder how long that excuse would last.

Th deal was Friday. Friday am at midnight.

I'm new, seasonal & I was working on BF but my daughter (17, lives at home) shopped & received a 20% coupon... It's ok if she uses it, right? I just received my actual TM discount card, can she use that too? She did not use my TM disc on BF.

I'm new, seasonal & I was working on BF but my daughter (17, lives at home) shopped & received a 20% coupon... It's ok if she uses it, right? I just received my actual TM discount card, can she use that too? She did not use my TM disc on BF.
There shouldn't be any problems there. You should be able to use your TM discount for any dependent.

I had spent 100.00 in electronics on by & came back for the headphones several units for stocking stuffers.

I had no clue about that coupon. I spent about $65 on black friday. Fuck. If I had known, I would have bought more stuff.

Be nice to electronics tm's & they would of given you the discount. I had suggested to my tm's to keep that coupon around & just do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back