Archived 26 page report on target by datamonitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm opening it right now, I'll try and describe it... it... it's... My God! It's full of stars!

I was able to find it on my university's ebsco subscription. Feel free to PM me and I'll be more than glad to send you the PDF...

This thread is useless if we can't see the document.

I've read this exact report a few years ago. IIRC, it's a breakdown by sectors, industries and then companies. It's basically trends and outlooks. Not unlike many investment and research firms publish on Wall Street. ISMQUEEN, I'd be interested in what it says about the out-performance of small-format retailers like the various dollar stores, Trader Joes, and Fresh and Easy (Tesco); and how that's influencing the big box retailers like Walmart and Target. I'd also be interested in their report on Kmart ... if they even bother at this point. Why don't you read everything and give us a book report:)

Here's the PDF...

Attachments

• 74f5ee7d-e1e7-4d57-b88b-9c0ac3d96501.pdf
    185.5 KB · Views: 68
Not a whole lot was interesting. Enjoyed seeing what the rest of Target's top brass made in compensation, but not all were listed.

I was surprised that the Credit Card only accounts for 2% of Target's total revenue, although, I'm sure the intent with the credit and debit card's 5% savings is brand loyalty, and you can't count the money spent with the RedCard as part of its revenue -- only its interest.

It praised Target for a lot of things we're already familiar with -- the "upscale" discount store vibe they want to give off, the P-Fresh remodels, the expansion into Canada. Said that credit card write offs could turn into a negative. Total revenue is up from last year. Target is as affected by every other retail as far as consumer confidence and their discretionary spending goes. More people these days are buying more of the necessities, and not as much on the frivolities.

im sorry guys, i shouldve checked the link beforehand, but thanks to voidethix for putting the pdf file up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back