Archived 2nd Interview for ETL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, can anyone (preferably an ETL) give me some insight as to what happens or what to expect during a 2nd interview for the ETL position? I know it'll be with the store manager and possibly other personnel. Are the questions typically same as the first interview or what?

MDude19

Hi, can anyone (preferably an ETL) give me some insight as to what happens or what to expect during a 2nd interview for the ETL position? I know it'll be with the store manager and possibly other personnel. Are the questions typically same as the first interview or what?

MDude19
How did it go ?

My second interview was split between two offices at a district location. First with the STL then next with a DTL.

So I had to refuse the job offer recently. Several reasons being they want me to work Holidays and most weekends leaving me virtually no free time for a social life. That too 50-60 hours a week. I told them I may be able to consider an ETL position in the future but not at this time and so the recruiter has put my file on hold for future referral. It was a fun process although the job doesn't give you much time to do other things. There are better jobs out there that offer similar benefits package and salary and respect your private time and life, as for now I am considering one them.

Good luck to you guys!

Yeah, and in 4th quarter it frequently turns into 70 hours a week depending on store volume and your position. Naturally the work/life balance only gets harder the higher you go as well.

So I had to refuse the job offer recently. Several reasons being they want me to work Holidays and most weekends leaving me virtually no free time for a social life. That too 50-60 hours a week. I told them I may be able to consider an ETL position in the future but not at this time and so the recruiter has put my file on hold for future referral. It was a fun process although the job doesn't give you much time to do other things. There are better jobs out there that offer similar benefits package and salary and respect your private time and life, as for now I am considering one them.

Good luck to you guys!

I don't think retail management is for you. You need to be willing to give up weekends and holidays.

QFT.
And there are times where that work/life balance gets pretty strained.
It's bad enough for TMs but worse for execs.

Good luck to you guys!

Just out of curiosity...what exactly what were you expecting interviewing with a large retail company?? 50 hours is pretty much the norm in any job that pays decent for exempt employees...

Good luck to you guys!

Wait, you thought you would have weekends and holidays off? Who do you think runs the stores during those times? Someone's gotta be there to be in charge.

Good luck with your job search.

Wait, you thought you would have weekends and holidays off? Who do you think runs the stores during those times? Someone's gotta be there to be in charge.

Good luck with your job search.

Seriously unless you are going for an office job those kind of hours and schedule ain't going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back